Is this a very nice factory painting?

Discussion in 'Art' started by 916Bulldogs123, Aug 23, 2014.

1. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

Found this on my trip to a local town at a thrift/antique store for 3.00. 18" x 22" Oil on Canvas signed Van Bell
    Maybe a bit over kill on the frame.
    Any thoughts

Mikey

atree 19407.jpg
    atree 19396.jpg
    atree 19397.jpg

2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Sure looks like factory art to me, and no doubt in its original frame.

3. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Looks like factory art to me, too. I saw other paintings with the same signature in Google images, and they looked very similar. I think that's another indication that they're factory paintings.

4. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Mikey,
    Factory or Starving Artist painting for sure. You bought the painting and picked out your frame. Some people's taste is really strange. (I guess they say that about mine also)lol
    greg

5. 916Bulldogs123

Good morning all. I guess I should have worded. it differently. I knew. it was factory when I bought it, but thought it was much better than most I had seen of this type. Especially with. this sig.
    Mikey

6. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Mikey,
    In a different frame and with a hungry wolf looking at the cabin would improve it in my eyes. lol
    Heck the frame is worth more than 3 dollars. It is a little better than than most of them you see.
    greg

7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I've always called those paintings "art by the yard". The frame alone would cost $50 new in an art supply store, so you did well regardless.

8. 916Bulldogs123

Thanks all, I think Ill list it. only problem is packing. Ill have to buy a box and have to set my price to make up for the cost of packing.

9. evelyb30

If it's oversized, shipping is going to hurt. I had to ship a piece of advertising art out to California once. It weighed less than three pounds but cost over $30 due to the size.

10. 916Bulldogs123

I know it is going to be costly. I am looking at over 7 lbs after packing.

11. evelyb30

Once you get over a certain size, the rate defaults to a 30-pound box no matter what it really weighs. Of course, that means you can pack the **** out of it and not worry about weight.

12. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I worked in a store that sold factory paintings and they almost always came in those frames with fabric inset. That's most likely the original frame it came with.

13. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

I think I'd like the frame with a different painting, and also think this painting would be improved with a simpler frame.

14. evelyb30

I think you're right. The picture is begging for barn wood. The right thing for the frame will come along eventually.

Draft saved Draft deleted