IS THIS AMERICAN SOUTHERN? OR FOREIGN EAGLE 13 STARS

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by SUPERJUNK1970, Apr 25, 2021.

1. SUPERJUNK1970

SUPERJUNK1970 Active Member

I purchased at thrift store thinking it was early American but I cant find anything on it.
    It has 13 stars but eagle is facing right and it's not holding arrows nir branches. Its very heavy 52 grams
    Made of brass ir bronze. It looks like it had writting under the rock but it's not readable. The back looks like it screwed into something else. It us not round but oval. 1 3/4 INCHES long.
    Any info.thanks. 20210425_163243.jpg 20210425_163321.jpg 20210425_163209.jpg

2. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

Not sure it is antique,as patina lacking. Possibly furniture decoration, too small for architectural deco.

3. SUPERJUNK1970

SUPERJUNK1970 Active Member

SOMEONE told me that it might be an attachment to a very old colt revolver but I have not found any revolver WITH an ATTACHMENT like that.
    So still a mistery.
    I don't think its furniture, its heavy and the bottom is not flat , it's also has a rounded bottom.
    I do know that THE EAGLE facing left was not used by the union until mid 1950. The confederates stated did use it but again I have not found anything similar to this.
    So still a MYSTERY.

4. KosmoCramer

KosmoCramer Active Member

interesting... perhaps it was the topper for a flag pole?

Draft saved Draft deleted