Is This Cloisonné or a dupe ?

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by GreenEyedGal, Sep 12, 2021.

1. GreenEyedGal

GreenEyedGal Well-Known Member

D9B1A080-743B-4A91-B98E-CD62731DB105.jpeg D8C8981D-F78B-458D-B81F-4F8823D788D0.jpeg 4D13F2D1-6997-4FE6-97EE-2145E4E60709.jpeg C2E938CC-5DC7-45DE-AFFA-065EAC3506E0.jpeg Another cheap find , although I get very confused when trying to research it ? Most importantly I have never seen anything with the building / castle on it … any help would be appreciated!

judy likes this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Maybe a Mayan temple?

judy and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  3. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

I think it's the Great Wall of China, if that helps.

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Great Wall as above. You'll find similar on eBay.

Debora

s-l1600.jpg b-l1600.jpg

5. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Just changing the rotation a bit.

D9B1A080-743B-4A91-B98E-CD62731DB105.jpeg

Any Jewelry, LauraGarnet02 and KSW like this.
  6. GreenEyedGal

Thank you! I asked in a different thread why some of my photos are sideways , when they are NOT in my album lol! He said I phones have a tendency to do that Ugh!

KSW likes this.
  7. GreenEyedGal

KSW likes this.
  8. GreenEyedGal

KSW likes this.
  9. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Nobody has figured out why the problem with iPhones and the rotation. Wish we could. ;)

GreenEyedGal and KSW like this.
  10. mmarco102

mmarco102 Well-Known Member

…and as to your original question, it is cloisonné. ;)

11. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

It seems that phone cameras are oriented to landscape format, which means that to get a picture that looks right when posted online, you need to take the photo holding the phone sideways. Of course, you could end up with pictures that are upside down, so you would have have to experiment (using control buttons on the top or bottom?, power jack to left or right?) to find which is right side up.

YouTube has videos on how to rotate pictures on various phones, but when you're looking at photos on your phone, they don't look like they need it, and when I checked the video on how that works on my phone... it didn't work on my phone.

I download my phone pics to my laptop and they always need to be rotated there. Even the most elementary default photo display will have the means of doing that.

GreenEyedGal likes this.
  12. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Maybe rotate the objects when you take photos, and they'll come out right?

And ditto for cloisonné. Chinese.;)

JayBee, GreenEyedGal and mmarco102 like this.
  13. GreenEyedGal

I have a nice desktop I son got me for my birthday, although being the collector of many many things ( choke) i’ve been working on a place to put it!!

14. GreenEyedGal

@mmarco102 Do you by chance know where I would find more info on era, etc? Also it’s not Huge like the others I saw , would it be called a plate or ??? Thanks for any help

mmarco102 likes this.
  15. Any Jewelry

Given the subject, I would say after China opened it borders for (mass) tourism. It is not an era that is documented for collectors.
    The age of this kind of souvenir will only become a factor of interest in at least 50yrs time, if at all.:sorry:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    mmarco102 and GreenEyedGal like this.
  16. mmarco102

Take AJ’s word for it. :)
    Sorry to bear negative information, but the quality of artistic design found in cloisonné both old and new is absent(see photos ). Being that the size is relatively small as well, I would wager it to have been a souvenir sold as tourist memories visiting the Great Wall. But I have been wrong before.

:artist:

FE8ED939-4D2F-44A8-89EB-ACC26673834B.jpeg

CCFFCF4F-DF05-42DA-9EC6-A8AC1520D6DA.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    GreenEyedGal and Any Jewelry like this.
  17. Any Jewelry

And a lot of mass produced souvenir cloisonné enamel isn't actual enamel, but some kind of resin.:(

GreenEyedGal and mmarco102 like this.
  18. GreenEyedGal

I take no offense at all , information is KNOWLEDGE, when you know absolutely nothing about something. I truly appreciate your honesty… Thats why I’m in the forum , I didn’t listen to the lessons my grandparents, and parents tried to teach me about the houseful of valuable treasures we had Lol! I could have cared less Then…….Lol

mmarco102 and Any Jewelry like this.
  19. mmarco102

I too am late to the party with about 5 years under my belt. 85% of what I know comes from this wonder group of savvy members, FB groups and 14% hands on. The other 1% I dropped on the floor and kicked under the rug. ;)

stick around and lurk all you like. And alway post if you have a question.

Potteryplease and Any Jewelry like this.
  20. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

lovely. I'd list it as "dupé" sino-indian airport ware.