Featured Is this Gerda Lynggaard,friends? And some other pretties from weekend

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by BoudiccaJones, Aug 17, 2021.

1. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

Had never heard of Gerda Lynggaard before. I just picked it up as it looked 'tresting.
    It's enormous, the internet says she uses horn a lot and I did think it was horn ( **I am learnin'!!** )
    NO idea what the big bit's for, doesn't go anywhere but looks as if it belongs as it's horn too?
    [​IMG]

I thought the ends were broken but they aren't,they clip together nicely.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had to pick this up, was only 50p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are cute! Turquoise so I HAD to gettem.( Are they *proper* turquoise?) xx
    Do you think they are earring components? They are by Quoc Pham ( I think that's right, I'd never heard of THAT either) ( and still not entirely sure what Quoc Pham even is)

They are about an inch
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I LOVE this. It's silver I'd say, heavy. And has a bit of...carpet in it.
    It's just over an inch excluding bale (approx 2 cms)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you friends <3 xxx

reader, Aquitaine, Bronwen and 6 others like this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

That's tapestry rather than carpet and the setting looks old, too. How very interesting. I wonder if it was some kind of religious souvenir.

That's got the quality for Lynggaard and the complex clasp too. Your pendants are from somewhere like Vietnam or Cambodia.

Chinese snuff bottle missing a stopper, fairly modern.

3. BoudiccaJones

Thank you my lovely Mrs. B!

( The bottle is so cute, I didn't really wannit though but it was 50p and I was compelled. THIS is why I have a houseful of Stuff. )

Tapestry eh..how interesting. Thank you. Wonder what it is and why it's in my pendant?

Are the pendants pendants, do you think?
    There's a lot of Quoc Pham silver on the internet and eBay,it's really confusing me. It's mostly silver & turquoise...is it a shop?

That Lynggaard thing was a shock. Of the nice variety for a change. I won't get top price though,I never do and I am halfway through my Golf Mkii GTd restoration and could do with the revenue.
    Have walked everywhere for the last six years because my Golf is ill and I refuse to have any other car. Managed to get enough to send her to be fixed so it's in process,I am my own worst enemy, I hate walking but I love my Golf.
    Pic of my Golf's intercooler just because <3
    [​IMG]

Will add she is a very rare car. She's a 1991 Mk ii Golf obviously but she's a GTd. Didn't have many in the UK and not many were in Germany,either. I LOVE HER and will never ever give up on her
    MY BABY <3
    [​IMG]
    xxx

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    Bronwen, Lucille.b, KSW and 3 others like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

The Lynggaard necklace is beautiful, Bou, and it is a very good name.

Quoc Pham sounds Vietnamese. I would say earrings, en very cute. The turquoise looks reconstituted to me.

The snuff bottle is inside painted.:)

I wonder if the textile is pre-Columbian from Peru. It looks like stylised cats, which is a feature of coastal Peruvian textiles, like in the Chimú and Chancay cultures.
    :(
    How is she now?:nailbiting:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    Bronwen, Aquitaine, Lucille.b and 2 others like this.
  5. judy

judy Well-Known Member

In top shape again...........hopefully!:happy:

Bronwen, Lucille.b and BoudiccaJones like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Firemandk, Bronwen, Aquitaine and 3 others like this.
  7. BoudiccaJones

Thank you as always my AJ!!!
    Excellent info as ever, gives me something to chew on! Lots to research,thank you so much xx​
    My Golf ( her name is ahem BBSF. Bitch Bag S*8T Face...no idea how she got it) is currently in a not-very-dignified position...all doors et al all akimbo but finally,in the process. Taken me SIX YEARS to make enough to even send her and need some ( aka..loads) more to finish her but finally,finally she's getting the care she deserves. My mechanic has just rung Mr. Bou and told him ( I don't have a 'phone) that he's bought the panels and she's being welded on Friday! She's 30 years old and needs a fair bit o'welding and won't be a quick process,but at last it begins. I would prefer to wait for her for a decade or so, as opposed to a *new* car x x
    Here she is!
    ( I'd know it was BBSF just from the placing of rust on the bonnet. )[​IMG]

8. BoudiccaJones

Bronwen and Any Jewelry like this.
  9. BoudiccaJones

Not yet,will take a while <3 but am fully prepared to wait! ( just as well!!)

Bronwen, Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  10. judy

judy Well-Known Member

God Bless YOU @BoudiccaJones!

When you love something, you really LUV it!:happy:

11. Any Jewelry

After her makeover, maybe give her a new name?:) She looks much too nice to be called a bitch.:(

12. BoudiccaJones

That is SO me. There is no middle patch. I love things, or I hate 'em ( Like **spittt** Oasis , I detest Oasis! ) x

13. judy

judy Well-Known Member

14. BoudiccaJones

Tis a term of endearment but truth be told, she HAS been a bit of a bitch...left me in places I should never be left. Refused to start god knows how many times...just STOPPED for no reason...tried to kill a man once, leaping toward him despite not being in gear, no idea how THAT happened but I saw it, and it did...many times. I'd never hold it against her though. She can't help being temperamental. I can be too :O :p

15. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Personality PLUS....that's you Bou!

16. BoudiccaJones

One infamous incident, she allowed me to fill her with fuel yet refused to start. The man manning ( ha!) the petrol garage moaned about her being stuck on the forecourt. I had my doggoes with me ( as always) and I had my Emma then, who only had three legs and was elderly. She wouldn't have been able to walk all the way home. Anyway the man pushed BBFS whilst sat in her,one leg out and I shouted WHACK HER IN GEAR and thankfully,she started.

Another time I did a VERY graceful u turn where I really wasn't supposed to, (but it was beautiful) out of a parking space.
    Then BBSF decided to not get out of reverse. Just refused as per. So I had to just as gracefully glide right back into the parking space I had just left and hope she decided to allow me out of my space but I wasn't up to trying reverse again so I had to go the long way 'round.
    It's been ... eventful!

We ALL have our thing. Hers is she's a bit of an anarchist xx

Firemandk, Bronwen, Aquitaine and 3 others like this.
  17. BoudiccaJones

Judy...thank you. xx x x

18. Any Jewelry

I agree, that is bitchy.:hilarious:
    A contrary anarchist maybe.:D

19. BoudiccaJones

It's probably a good thing I don't actually properly swear or she'd have a really bad name :eek: but I adore her. I don't mind a bit of character.

Bronwen, Lucille.b and Any Jewelry like this.
  20. BoudiccaJones

Am intrigued by this bit of fabric. Really does look like that textile...I am amazed at your knowledge,AJ. Constantlyxx
    Thank you as always...cats eh! LOVE cats ( all animals actually)

Firemandk, judy, Bronwen and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted