Featured Is this little pitcher made by Fenton

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by colonelmustard, Sep 16, 2020.

1. colonelmustard

colonelmustard Well-Known Member

My mother had a small collection of Fenton that she had stored away in her attic. Also a few books to help identify when they were manufactured. This little pitcher is one of the items I cannot find any information on. Maybe not Fenton? It stands about 6 inches tall. Clearly vaseline or uranium glass because the glow is magnificent. Any help would be appreciated.

[​IMG]

2. colonelmustard

3. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Beautiful little pitcher!!

Can we see a photo of the bottom, please?

My gut reaction is it is not Fenton, but a photo of the bottom might help determine who.

dude likes this.
  4. colonelmustard

Well I was lying this down to get a pic of the bottom and the light hit it just right. There is was "Fenton" oval logo embossed on the bottom. I thought it was sticker residue. I miss my young eyes. So does anyone know when this might have been manufactured based on this logo? Thanks for the help Peggy!!

[​IMG]

dude likes this.
  5. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    If it is Fenton in an oval with no other numbers it was made in 1975. Fenton started numbering the years after that.
    greg

dude and colonelmustard like this.
  6. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I will lay odds this was sold by QVC in the 1990's. They use to have an hour-long show where they would feature different companies' products. I know they sold items made by Fenton, Boyds Bears, many different clothing lines & jewelry lines.

I was looking at it from an earlier viewpoint of the Fenton products.

If you do a Google search for Fenton QVC pitcher twisted handle I saw a couple with the same shape & the ruffled top.

antidiem, dude and colonelmustard like this.
  7. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

8. colonelmustard

9. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I cannot tell you how many times my camera has "seen" something that I missed with my eyes and my loupe! Once, I tried forever to read a sig. on the bottom of a pottery bowl. Then I photographed it and there it was, plain as day. It's disheartening sometimes when the camera sees damage better than I did, LOL! Lovely pitcher, that color is always popular with buyers.

patd8643, antidiem and colonelmustard like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted