Is this modern import junk glass? Champagne iridescent small whatchamacallit

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by gauntlettgems, Nov 26, 2020.

1. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

35A846E7-BD9C-48D5-8BAC-9F8E3A8C4A35_1_201_a.jpeg 4E3FFB35-D25C-4329-BCA9-AD7DD06D82BB_1_201_a.jpeg 7B2250FD-2B21-4615-BC75-9AA51BFE4E19_1_201_a.jpeg CAD90670-D458-4072-AB9C-1AB8D19ECBC6_1_201_a.jpeg 3FC81F87-AECD-45EA-908E-3F6245FF55AC_1_201_a.jpeg
    Hi everyone!!

Happy Thanksgiving. I'm stuffed and I hope everyone else is as well. We had all kinds of homemade goodies and everything was delicious!

This guy is about 5 1/4" tall. I loved the color as it reminded me of some very nice Tiffany glass I have seen on the roadshow show. Was just wondering if this is just newer imported stuff. Would you say it is a vase? The only thing that came close to matching was a Loetz, 13", oil spot design, antique vase. This flashes different colors.

Any help on the maker, age, and origin would be much appreciated. I know it is probably a pig poke in the dark but what the hey, you guys are so good in here. Thank you, everyone.

KikoBlueEyes and judy like this.
  2. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

3. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Not Loetz, looks like it could be Kralik

4. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Not junk...not sure who made it though. Maybe modern studio glass...don't think mass produced cheap houseware, IMO.

KikoBlueEyes, judy and gauntlettgems like this.
  5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I'd think Bohemian. Nice.

johnnycb09, KikoBlueEyes and judy like this.
  6. gauntlettgems

Do you think it has any age to it? Thank you!!

@Ownedbybear

7. gauntlettgems

I think I see why you think Kralik after looking at their stuff.

8. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

gauntlettgems likes this.
  9. gauntlettgems

I’m suspecting the same. I went through pages of their items and found similar shapes and colors. Ty so much for the help

blooey likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted