Is this necklace old or recent Tibetan Tribal?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Mill Cove Treasures, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

This silver and lapis necklace has been stored away for the past 8 years. I have no idea how long she had it before I packed up her home. It tests positive for sterling silver on the pendent and on the long silver beads. I tested it twice and both times I used 18K and the silver solution. I polished the back of the pendent to see if there were any marks but dents are the only thing I see. I don't know anything about this kind of chain. The clasp looks "newish" but that could be a replacement. It reminds me of the Tibetan Tribal pieces I see on ebay. Any thoughts? Thank you.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 707susang

707susang Active Member

3. 707susang

707susang Active Member

Mill cove, I didn't read that you had tested it. Miao silver has some real silver in it (2?). Would that even show up in a test?

4. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

5. 707susang

707susang Active Member

You may be right. I was looking at the ball details? I don't really know much anyway. hahaha.

6. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

That is a beautiful piece of lapis

Draft saved Draft deleted