IS THIS PERFUME BOTTLE AN ANTIQUE?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, Jul 2, 2018.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this at a local thrift store. The bulb that you squeeze definitely feels like a old antique perfume bottle bulb - almost like a chain link that some old purses were made of.
    But the bottom looks modern to me.
    Before I list this I could use some help on what I have - and if it's even worth listing if it's new.
    Thanks!
    AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY PERFUME BOTTLE 1AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY PERFUME BOTTLE 2AA.jpg

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

The bottle part looks very much like the sort of thing that was being made when Lucite was really being pushed as a brand name around 1965 or so. Lots of decorative items with what looks like a plaster/sulphide rose embedded. Imagine a squeeze bulb from then would be pretty stiff now.

Christmasjoy, Sandra and i need help like this.
  3. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

4. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted