Is this thing fake or real? How to determine ?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by turmuka, Aug 10, 2019.

1. turmuka

turmuka New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Turmuka [​IMG]

judy likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

it looks like just enuf dirt was taken off to make it look old.............

3. turmuka

turmuka New Member

How to delete this post? I am sure this ones fake. I dont want to waste people time. The guy asked 20k usd for this one ahaha..

judy likes this.
  4. turmuka

turmuka New Member

Ive also heard this supplier isnt legit

Aquitaine, komokwa, judy and 4 others like this.
  5. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

@daveydempsey This member asked to have his post deleted. See above

judy, Christmasjoy and komokwa like this.
  6. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

judy, Any Jewelry, kyratango and 4 others like this.
  7. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

I don't think this is wasting anyone's time. Personally I WANT to know what stuff of questionable authenticity is out there. The general public needs a wake up call on fakes.

8. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

9. komokwa

upload_2019-8-11_3-43-19.jpeg

yup...without being buried in dirty clay for a month....:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

upload_2019-8-11_3-45-14.jpeg

10. komokwa

although the one Holly found...is nicer..

i need help, judy and kyratango like this.
  11. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome, Turmuka.
    The general rule is, if a piece is covered in this much 'dirt', it is a fake.
    I don't think you are wasting people's time. You already considered the option that it could be a fake, and everyone who looks at this thread knows that.
    This is a learning experience for many people, whether it be recognizing fakes or knowing what the latest fakes are, so they don't have to research them.
    Besides, you have done extra research into the seller, which I applaud you for.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  12. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Speaking personally, I can be a bit gullible at times so it's useful to look at pieces that are potentially reproductions and hear how the forum come to their conclusions.
    I'm more savvy now but being naturally trusting does catch me out from time to time :rolleyes:.

13. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Agree that the thread should live on. Even non-Antiquers folks can learn from it.

14. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I agree it should stay active.

Our posts show up on a Google search sometimes within minutes of being posted here on the forum.

I know it has happened several times to me that I got exceited because I found another item that looked like the one that was in question, only to realize it was the actually the actual item in question. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So this post will help not only members of this forum, but will possibly help anyone who searches on Google for this piece.

kyratango, Jivvy and Any Jewelry like this.
  15. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Where would google be without us!:hilarious:

i need help and kyratango like this.
  16. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Speaking of Google, everyone knows how the current CEO of eBay feels about Jeff Bezos & Amazon. Yesterday I did a Google search for the eBay website using just the word eBay using Chrome. When the results came up eBay was in second place & Amazon was the first result. :jawdrop::jawdrop::p:p:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

I was just glad I hadn't just gotten a drink of my Coke because I just busted out laughing. All I could think of is that has just got to burn his biscuits. :smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin:

Draft saved Draft deleted