Is this Topaz Opalescent Vase Fenton?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Brywil1970, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Brywil1970

Brywil1970 Well-Known Member

I am trying to get info on this vase. I believe it is Fenton and from what I can find pieces in this style are kinda hard to find. Can anyone tell me for sure if this is Fenton? It is 8" tall. Any info at all welcome.

TIA, Bryan
    IMG_0361[1].JPG

2. Brywil1970

3. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

4. Brywil1970

Thanks I will try that

5. Brywil1970

Ok from the group you suggested. Fenton Rarities by Walk. Topaz Opalescent Rib Optic Lamp Shade Vase. Bottoms usually cut out to make lamp shades. This piece remained a vase. Value: Undetermined.

6. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

That was quick! Glad someone knew what it is, although I don't see many pieces of glass going through there that doesn't get an id.

7. UncleChuckTX

UncleChuckTX Well-Known Member

Just wanted to add a similar example, in case you haven't found one. I looked for yours in my Fenton books the other day, but I couldn't find a match for the vertical optic. I don't have the Rarities book, unfortunately.

Here's a dot optic one. There are also a couple of listings where the shade was adapted for use on an oil lamp.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FENTON-VASE...=Antiques_Decorative_Arts&hash=item19e89b13ad

Draft saved Draft deleted