ISO: Identification of Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by M_R_D, Jul 14, 2019.

1. M_R_D

M_R_D Member

Good morning - we are having trouble identifying this vase. Any helpful information is greatly appreciated!

It measures 9.75" tall and about 3.25" across the base.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

anundverkaufen and johnnycb09 like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

upload_2019-7-14_12-43-10.jpeg upload_2019-7-14_12-43-32.jpeg

there...that's better...

M_R_D, judy, silverthwait and 2 others like this.
  3. M_R_D

M_R_D Member

Thank you komokwa!

We had just inserted thumbnails of the piece into the thread; appreciate you making them larger for the forum to see better.

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

No problem..........just trying to help !!

5. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

I’m not even close to a novice in this, but I’ll try to start things moving, by saying it reminds me of Ginbari. The mark is strange, it doesn’t look Asian. :)
    It’s a very pretty vase!

6. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Yes, hard to tell if it’s porcelain or cloisonné (ginbari). Does look like metal around the top and foot rim — tarnished silver?

i need help likes this.
  7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

I was thinking possibly silver, too.

8. M_R_D

M_R_D Member

Thanks for the replies so far everyone!

We feel it is cloisonné technique - though with the marking on it, we are very much confused as to who the producer is.

Additionally we feel the top and foot rims are indeed silver.

So stumped with this one :arghh:

i need help likes this.
  9. M_R_D

M_R_D Member

Friendly 11 day bump; any ideas on the maker of this vase based on the marking on the bottom?

10. M_R_D

M_R_D Member

Hello again; here is a friendly 16 month bump on this old thread.

We still have not found out much about this vase; hoping some fresh sets of eyes out there can help us out.

11. M_R_D

M_R_D Member

Hello again, Antiquers; here is a friendly 20 month bump on this old thread.

We still have not found out much about this vase; hoping some fresh sets of eyes out there can help us out (ie., maker, origin, potential period, etc.)

Thanks ya'll !

Draft saved Draft deleted