Featured Italian? Chinese? Eastern Europe? Islamic?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by JWD, Jan 7, 2018.

1. JWD

JWD Member

Hi
    Can anyone confirm the origin of this silver filigree coral antique bracelet? I've seen practically the same bracelet marked as Chinese, Islamic, Mexican, Eastern European. I think it's Italian...or Chinese :nailbiting: Antique-Chinese-800-Silver-Filigree-Coral-Hinged-Vintage-Tibetan-Bracelet.jpg
    Thanks

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Thailand maybe....or Nepal..?
    AJ, might know..!

bobsyouruncle, judy and JWD like this.
  3. thefathand

thefathand Active Member

JWD likes this.
  4. JWD

JWD Member

The filigree work is much finer in my original pic. A little blurry, but you get the picture :playful: Antique-Chinese-800-Silver-Filigree-Coral-Hinged-Vintage-Tibetan-Bracelet-1.jpg

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It is beautiful, JWD.
    This style is seen along the southern shore of the Mediterranean, so North Africa and the Western Middle East. Based on that curled filigree setting of the cabochon, I'd say this one is from the Western Middle East - Palestinian, Lebanese, Syrian.

If you look at the mark it doesn't say Bali, that's just the sellers interpretation of a badly stamped mark which has BA in it.
    But it is a different style from JWDs bracelet, it doesn't have the intricate filigree, and the setting of the cabochon is very different.
    The style is Maghreb (western North Africa), but these were copied in Italy, especially in Florence. 925 in an oval makes me think this one is Italian.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  6. JWD

JWD Member

Anyone know a year for this? I'm thinking 1850ish...

7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I am sorry, JWD, I never got an alert for your last question. I don't know if you still have the bracelet, it is over a year ago. Anyway, it is definitely not 1850ish. I think early-mid 20th century.

reader likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted