Italian fine leather bag

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by billyd3us, Jul 9, 2017.

1. billyd3us

billyd3us Thanks All my Friends

How come I cannot find this maker ? Is it Lino or Limo, either way nothing pops up.
    Looks like it has some age to it but not sure. 019.JPG 020.JPG

2. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

The closest I can come is Alberta Ferretti, an Italian designer who started on in either the late 1960s or early 1970s (I can't remember exactly). Not sure if this is the same company though................

3. billyd3us

Thanks Mansons, I found the same too but with 2 t's.

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

well then likely an asian copy or fake.

5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Back in the day when designer leather goods were very in,copycats came out with a line that looked exactly like Louis Vuitton,except they changed the logo fro LV to VL.Im wondering if this bag isnt of that ilk.

6. komokwa

there's a writer Tino Ferretti.........but your spelling is wrong ...so ....

7. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

well, if that DOES read LiNo Ferreti, it would probably translate to something like "linen ferret"...........

8. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I'm currently on my phone so not the best for searching. It did come up with Lino Ferreti as a line of clothing etc registered in Mexico. That's all I could get and it had to be translated to even get that. Not much help.

9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Any Jewelry likes this.
  10. billyd3us

judy likes this.
  11. komokwa

Well then, I was wrong.
    & while I admit it...I also must say the I come to Antiquers with a mindset that does not include Mexican women's wear lines only 4 years old.
    Nice find Deb & SIS.....

Maybe it's time to change the name of this site to ....Anything & everything.com

hamptonauction, judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  12. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

13. peapo

peapo New Member

14. peapo

peapo New Member

私は今日、日本の新宿でこのバッグを身に着けている白人男性をみかけました。個性的なバッグだったのでブランドを探しましたが、見つかりませんでした。代わりにこのページが見つかりました。

15. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

"私は今日、日本の新宿でこのバッグを身に着けている白人男性をみかけました。個性的なバッグだったのでブランドを探しましたが、見つかりませんでした。代わりにこのページが見つかりました。"

hmmmm.... I don't speak Japanese so Google gives this translation. Hope it's correct:)

Today I saw a white man wearing this bag at Shinjuku in Japan. I searched for a brand because it was a unique bag, but I could not find it. This page was found instead.

16. billyd3us

Draft saved Draft deleted