Italian or Venetian or Just Rubbish ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KEVIN AIREY, Jun 18, 2022.

1. KEVIN AIREY

KEVIN AIREY Well-Known Member

upload_2022-6-18_19-9-57.png

upload_2022-6-18_19-10-17.png

upload_2022-6-18_19-10-34.png

Attached Files:

2. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Definitely not rubbish. There's still good demand for pieces like this, especially blue.

I would say it's Bohemian in origin and not terribly old, maybe 70s? I have to admit to a bit of laziness in that I never bothered to research this type of glass because I didn't have to. It was always an easy sell.

If keeping for yourself, display it (not around little kids or pets). It's all hand decorated and just lovely (IMHO).

Houseful, ulilwitch and wlwhittier like this.
  3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I'd have figured it for Italian with those flowers painted on, but the two must have been trading design influences since the Roman Empire.

Houseful likes this.
  4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I would guess Venetian.

5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I thought Bohemian as well. The awkward base makes me wonder if it had a stand of some sort. Its gorgeous.

6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Both Bohemia and Italy had and have makers of this stuff, flowers included. That cobalt, the bowl shape and the criss cross is slightly more indicative of Bohemia, I'd say.

Draft saved Draft deleted