Featured Italian porcelain box

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Tricia Harr, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Tricia Harr

Tricia Harr Well-Known Member

Hi all, does anyone Recognize the name on the box? I can't make it out.. I know the one on the right with cherubs is capodimonte..
    Tia!! 2019-08-31-01-12-19.jpg 2019-08-31-01-11-54.jpg 2019-08-31-01-11-23.jpg

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Faenza? Sounds like Italian for faience. Afraid I don't know the mark. :(

3. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Faenza is a town in Italy (Emilia Romagna region)- I'd assume the maker is from there - might be something to go on when researching the mark. Afraid I can't help much more than that.

4. aaroncab

Bakersgma, Figtree3, judy and 6 others like this.
  5. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

6. aaroncab

Exactly my feelings when I saw his response on the other thread. Made me feel grateful, and also sad.

7. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Capodimonte STYLE

8. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Never again will I see Italian pottery and not think of dear Walter . May he rest in peace.

9. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I knew Walter was very ill.....I guess I missed his passing while we were away. I'm so sorry. I know he was well loved and VERY knowledgeable. Dang, I hate to see us lose our members............:sorry::(

10. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

As soon as I saw the photos I immediately thought about Walter & again thought of how much he will be missed.

It is comforting to know that we have at least some of his vast knowledge recorded here on the forum.

johnnycb09, i need help and aaroncab like this.
  11. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

Walter was one of the very first people to help me on the eBay boards a number of years ago. He was a very kind and gentle soul who enjoyed sharing his vast knowledge. He will be missed.

Draft saved Draft deleted