Featured Italian porcelain statue

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by johnnycb09, Mar 22, 2018.

1. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Hi all. After using every single search term I could think of,I STILL cant find this piece anywhere! Im convinced they changed something on google search,I never had problems like this before! OR,Im an idiot. I picked this gorgeous thing up today,its 13 inches high,5 wide,and clearly marked so why cant i find it ?!? I think theres a name next to the faux capidemonte mark but all I can makeout is M something. Any input is always appreciated.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Huntingtreasure

Huntingtreasure Well-Known Member

Is that a signature starting with an “M” 2 nd to last photo?
    Ohh sorry you said that.

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

4. johnnycb09

Christmasjoy and Huntingtreasure like this.
  5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Try some cornstarch or flour rubbed into the mark. See what letters stand out.

That website won't load on my computer either.

6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

A bit of Italian "blah, blah, blah"...

The company was founded on the banks of the Arno in the early 1907 and handed down from father to son.

Gastone Batignani, the founder, inspired by a strong artistic vein, begins to gain confidence with the subject from a young age, creating models and artistic objects with innate mastery and surprising naturalness. Since then, the trademark has been the exclusively manual processing preserving the ancient techniques both for the creation and for the finishing of the objects.

The successors, Renzo, Alberto and today Leonardo have then been able to collect the precious secrets using them in order to achieve an evolution that has led the company to what it produces today, that is a wide range of classic and contemporary furnishing objects with shapes and exclusive decorations; flower vases, potiches, pot holders, plates and wall trays, lamp bases all made with a lathe, decorated by hand and with the essential characteristic of the use of pure gold and the triple baking.

In addition to these characteristics are added to the object the stamp, the signature and the numbering in a limited series from 1 to 100, with a certificate of authenticity signed by the company owner.

Our objects are exported all over the world.

Debora

7. johnnycb09

I looked at 1000s of pics on instagram of Batignani ceramics (gorgeous stuff) vases,lamps and even tables,but not one statue?!?

8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

9. johnnycb09

Me too,but in all the years Ive sent out emails seeking info ,Ive been answered TWICE. I sent one anyway,so if I hear anything I'll let yall know. Thank you for all the input so far,much appreciated.

10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Agree that likelihood of response slim but a logical first step.

Debora

Christmasjoy and johnnycb09 like this.
  11. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

12. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Johnny, regardless, it's a very sweet piece.......:happy::happy::happy:

13. wildrose

wildrose Well-Known Member

try using sculpture or figurine instead of statue

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    Christmasjoy, judy and johnnycb09 like this.
  14. Aquitaine

Johnny, that last image you took, NOT the "Batignari" sticker, but the last bright one of a possible signature....if you could do that again with not as much brightness on it and a little further around to the right....we might be able to pick out what it says!!

This is the best I could do playing with it for a while.....part of what looks like a date is too far around to the right, and there was too much reflection to try to tone out smoothly....sorry.....

zfQHlRhJa.jpg

Christmasjoy, judy and johnnycb09 like this.
  15. johnnycb09

I tried the cornstarch trick but it wouldnt cling at all? Maybe the glaze ? Couple more pics of the signature,also I shot Walter a message hopefully he'll chime in. Thanks so much for the help all,regardless of who made it,I think its beautiful and Im very happy to have found it. :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Christmasjoy, Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  16. Aquitaine

To continue tomorrow....blurry eyes!!!!.....

Christmasjoy, judy and komokwa like this.
  17. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

In your original picture of the signature, it looks like Mart-ll-. Maybe Martelli or Martello?? That’s all I got. Maybe the t is an f?

johnnycb09, Aquitaine and judy like this.
  18. CheersDears

CheersDears Well-Known Member

What a delightful piece, utterly charming.

19. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Johnny, What does that white and blue label with the crown say?

20. Aquitaine

@johnnycb09, was nearly impossible to pull anything more out of the image.....which I'll post, but also, where I've circled, see if you can see what looks like a date too!! I think it's more obvious in one of your other images....

Otherwise, I think I'm seeing similar to what Bdigger is seeing.....
    Mar f or t ell ? B and then who knows....sorry couldn't help more!!

zfQHlRhJx2.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted