Italian Pottery Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Gina Wittner, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Gina Wittner

Gina Wittner New Member

This vase belonged to my mother and when she passed away I took it. It is not in the greatest shape. There is some crazing, although not a lot, a few cracks around the top and quite a few small chips around the top and bottom. I am not concerned about its value (although it would be really fun to find out that it's more than sentimental). It belonged to my mom and I think is beautiful and I'm sure I'll keep it forever and probably hand it down to one of my kids.

My question is does anybody know anything about its age and if a may have come over from Italy with my grandparents to the 1910s or 1920s? Or, is it more likely to be something my mom just picked up in a store because she liked it.

I tried to search for the "mark" on the bottom; but, while I found several that looked like it, they were said to be from different pottery houses.

Attached Files:

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Something your mother picked up because she liked it. And yours to use and enjoy.

Debora

aaroncab and Gina Wittner like this.
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

1960s. There's a very good Facebook page for Italian pottery who may be able to say which factory.

4. Gina Wittner

Gina Wittner New Member

Thank you so much. That is very helpful.

5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

If they give you an answer, could you come back and tell us, please?

Draft saved Draft deleted