Featured I'VE SEEN THIS ARTIST'S WORK IN BIGGER PAINTINGS - CAN'T REMEMBER NAME!

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Feb 22, 2018.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this today at local thrift store & I know I've seen this artist's work before with larger paintings - I remember the gold outline of everything.
    But I can't remember the name nor can I deduce it from the signature.
    Can anyone tell me who the artist is? Are small paintings unusual with this artist (it's a 8" x 10")?
    Thank you for any info.
    aa ebay new a art painting gold outline painting 1aa.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART PAINTING GOLD OUTLINE PAINTING 2AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART PAINTING GOLD OUTLINE PAINTING 3AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART PAINTING GOLD OUTLINE PAINTING 4AA.jpg

kyratango, judy and Huntingtreasure like this.
  2. Huntingtreasure

Huntingtreasure Well-Known Member

3. Huntingtreasure

4. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I went to this page and while I didn't read every word, it reminded me very much of a painting by an "artist" that is likely a factory in China.

This is the "artist" I had been looking at "Roybal" and one of the pages I found.
    http://alexverapopart.com/who-is-the-artist-j-roybal/

This is a Rystron page that made me wonder the same thing but could be wrong.
    http://www.rystron.com/

It may be just a colorful factory painting with a created artist. Or maybe not... Just thought I'd mention it.

6. Huntingtreasure

Always good to double and triple check. Thanks SIS.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I think the painting outlined in gold is VERY interesting, but I'm NOT fond of how the signatures compare.....blowing up the computer screen, they are pretty consistent siggys on the links provided.....they seem to differ somewhat from yours......But I DO LOVE that Frame!!!!!

8. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I must say, I had exactly the same idea, even more so after seeing the rystron.com site.

9. tom twitchin

tom twitchin New Member

It is definitely Ian Rystron. I have Four. He was a painter out of southern Florida but not much more is known about him. He seems to have been very inspired by and did similar copies of Pablo Picasso's works.

10. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

kyratango likes this.
  11. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Didn't we have a thread about a similar painting some time ago?

12. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Hey book, actually this one was some time ago;).

I was wondering how Tom might have found his paintings or found out about the artist. Not that I'm skeptical (well it's my nature so I can't totally help it) but being the owner of quite a few of very well done factory type paintings I know there are a lot out there. Signed to boot.

kyratango, Any Jewelry and Figtree3 like this.
  13. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Argghhh!! Well, even more some time ago! Or maybe less - I don't know. :confused:

14. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

The website above contains the “information”, it seems to be someone investigating the validity of this bio.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    kyratango, Any Jewelry and Jivvy like this.
  15. Missmimipr

Missmimipr New Member

I also have three of his works

16. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

wWell the S Fla part fits - I live in & found this in Miami

Draft saved Draft deleted