Ivory necklace any ideas

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Zeppelin78, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Zeppelin78

Zeppelin78 Well-Known Member

Hello it's me again I picked up this large ivory and stone bead necklace it was one of those items that I just wanted when I seen it but not shure where I could have came from so if anyone has any thoughts on its identity I would very much appreciate it thanks like always. Matt image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

pearlsnblume and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Hello Matt. I can see why you wanted it, I like it too.
    Are you sure it is ivory? I can't tell from the photos. If you photograph it against a white background, it will be easier to get a focused picture, more light.
    So far it doesn't look like resin to me, which is good. It could be bone, if so, no ivory problem. Those pierced beads were made in both India and China.
    The bird, which I love, is in a Persian-inspired style which is seen in India and China. That bit of humour in the depiction of the bird makes me think China, the overall look of the necklace India.
    Maybe one of the others will be able to give you a more definite answer.

3. Zeppelin78

Zeppelin78 Well-Known Member

Hello any jewlery it is ivory for sure has the schreger lines in it but the small solid beads look like bone to me but the bird and carved beads are defiantly ivory.thanks for you reply any jewlery like always you guys are great.

Draft saved Draft deleted