Featured Iwo Jima memorabilia and more

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by CCR, Jun 25, 2014.

1. CCR

CCR New Member

I a few years back had the Honor of meeting with and speaking to History, if I may so call them. As a veteran myself 72-83 USA I attended a reunion with my pastor James Ramsey who was a WWII Iwo Jima veteran himself having fought on Iwo Jima with the USMC, at the meeting I had both the Privilege and Honor of speaking with and being Humbled by the presence of the surviving Medal of Honor recipients of Iwo Jima,along with Col Paul Tibbets and surviving crew of the Enola Gay,The survivors of the USS Indianapolis and the 1st Female Air Force W.A.S.P...at this reunion I was honored to have been initiated as an Honorary marine by Jack Lucas the youngest marine in corp's history to have ever received the MOH,he was 15 when he won it 17 when they pinned it on him (look him up)..it started when he ask me when I had served in the marine's, I proudly stated to him I had never served in the corp's that I was U.S. Army..he laughed and said oh! A-int R-eally M-arine Y-et (ARMY) I laughed and reminded him he was really Dept of the Navy..we both laughed and then he said well lets make you an Honorary Marine while your here with us. I then was truly Humbled and Grateful to have been among such great men and women who thought more of me them of themselves ..many have passed since then but they will always live on in my heart and the hearts of others who both knew and loved them.. (Vets don't forget)..I have a cd of that meeting and pictures of us and me among the many Heroes there ..along with a History book signed by all the survivors of the battle of Iwo Jima and other men and women who supported them..I have never forgotten how blessed I have been to have shared a moment with history in true life,something I will cherish forever. I have posted a few pictures here hope you can and will appreciate them as I have...thanks for letting me share with you what I could of these great men and women of our time.

Attached Files:

2. CCR

CCR New Member

Here are the rest of some pics from that reunion..and of me in service...I hope you all dont mind me sharing something I am truly proud of...I hope you don't think I am egotistical its just that I am proud of my service and that of those before and after me..thank you..

Attached Files:

3. der_adler1

der_adler1 Member

CCR-Speaking for myself and a multitude of others who should, but don't. I thank you for your service and truly appreciate the sacrifice that you have made.

THANK YOU!!!!

tyeldom3 and anundverkaufen like this.
  4. rro2000

rro2000 Active Member

Yes, thank you for your service. I think I'm prouder than my husband when it comes to his over 33 years of service in the Navy. I loved being a Navy spouse for 25 years.

tyeldom3 and anundverkaufen like this.
  5. CCR

CCR New Member

Thank you both der_adler1 and rro2000 for your comments, I appreciate and salute you both...may I also say anyone married to a service member is/has serving/served..its called the silent service and I acknowledge that service..thank you.

tyeldom3 likes this.
  6. tyeldom3

tyeldom3 Well-Known Member

Thank you ccr for your service.:) One of my babies (he's 22 now, but still my baby;)) just finished his 4 years in the Navy this month and finished a 9 month deployment on an air craft carrier last month. He has been honorably discharged and started school now. He didn't want to stay in, but I'm so proud of him for what he did, and what he is continuing to do. I was so happy to see him come home:cat:
    Thank you to all the veterans for your service.
    Rro I hope you are doing well, and wish you the best.

7. CCR

CCR New Member

They will always be our babies..my oldest is 41 and still my baby had her at 16, they all say dad we are grown up now but I say thats just a stage of life we go through..lol
    I am happy your son has returned,they leave as a manchild and return complete men,its amazing the transformation they go through..God bless my brother and his family thank him for me on his service..may we all be blessed.

tyeldom3 likes this.
  8. tyeldom3

tyeldom3 Well-Known Member

So well written CCR. That's exactly what happened....he left as a manchild and returned a man!! He is amazing.
    You had your daughter at 16, that had to be really tough, but looks like you did a great job with your babies.:kiss:
    Welcome CCR to this breath of fresh air board. Glad you are here.

9. CCR

CCR New Member

Thank you...Yes service makes men of boys/men child....I know and understand having been a manchild myself..brief story: Having left my home at 13 and living on the streets of the bronx in NY city as a manchild, I believe the hand of God was on me even then..because I survived the streets and my salvation was lying about my age and joining the service at 16 in order to support my new family, Those were very turbulent years, The war had split the nation, civil unrest was a fact of life and all that was needed then to go in service was to pass the military ASVB test,have breath and a pulse.Of Course since many were fleeing to Canada it was easy to join back then I thank God for my journey in life and its not over yet (smile)...if you are a reader there is a book called Manchild in the promised land by Claude Brown its a parallel to my life, then me being an avid reader I read a book called Psycho Cybernetics by Maxwell Malt while I was in the service it changed my life it taught me how to think..look them up if you like.....also if you don't mind here is a song that says/said a lot to me..by Dion Dimucci..
    Note:To the moderators/members I hope I am not out of line posting this here as I know I am a guest here...thank you for having/inviting me.

Draft saved Draft deleted