Jack Shoemaker Landscape Paintings

Discussion in 'Art' started by Lithographer, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Lithographer

Lithographer Well-Known Member

I purchased these 4 Jack Shoemaker landscape paintings a few days ago, at a thrift shop, for $35. I was trying to figure out the age, maybe 1980's? I don't recall when the stickers about archival materials started to show up. The canvases and the frames are all the same. 3 are 24" by 30" and the other is 16" by 20". I also wanted to point out that the subject matter and style are very similar to what often gets labeled as a "factory painting", but that is not the case with these paintings. I suspect that it was just a style for the time and that was what people were buying.
    IMG_1467.jpg IMG_1468.jpg IMG_1469.jpg IMG_1470.jpg IMG_1471.jpg IMG_1472.jpg IMG_1473.jpg IMG_1474.jpg

KikoBlueEyes and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  3. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Beautiful paintings, especially the one with the single waterfall. Evokes that misty morning camping by a lake vibe for me.

Lithographer likes this.
  4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

While the technique is similar, these have a lot more detail and care in presentation than do most factory paintings.

5. Lithographer

Lithographer Well-Known Member

Thanks, yes, a well executed cabin or lake in the mountains can stand on it’s own merit.

Draft saved Draft deleted