Jacobean Style Breakfront/Sideboard

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Piece Dove, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Piece Dove

Piece Dove Active Member

I've been trying o figure these guys out as to who might be the manufacturer. I believe them to be 20/30's. It seems like the (please excuse my ignorance)... ball like things with wings on legs and decorative top things...would make it easier to identify who made the pieces. I've been searching and searching but haven't been able to locate similar.

Thanks in advance for your insight. jacobean china cabinet.jpg 00f0f_bcXIdxZrZ7j_50x50c.jpg 00t0t_3SpuUvKrdjg_50x50c.jpg sideboard.JPG

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi! Most of the furniture guru are probably getting some shut-eye at this point, like I will be shortly!!!! They'll be back before I'm up!!! Did you give a good check inside, on the back, underneath and all for any remnants of a label??? Silly me, of course you did....but the gurus WILL help you identify it all!! And I for one, haven't a clue as to what those glorious leg & top decorations are called on your beautiful pieces!! They look like they were not just your average set once upon a time. Good luck with it all!!:):)

Piece Dove and yourturntoloveit like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

photo's of the drawers open...and any marks on the back or underneath..please.

I'd venture pre - 1880......but WDIK ??

4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

From the 20s. Styling is distinctive but you will probably never find a maker unless you run across a catalog, advertisement, or marked example. Literally hundreds of makers made similar things.

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

i was only off by 40 years......give er take ! :hungover:

Piece Dove likes this.
  6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Currently very out of vogue, but all it takes is one good period drama on TV and... bingo. I'm betting it's sturdy as all get-out.

7. Piece Dove

Piece Dove Active Member

I'll know soon when I go fetch them. : )

8. Piece Dove

Piece Dove Active Member

Thank you.

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted