Japanese Embroidered Silk?

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by Phil Douglas, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Phil Douglas

Phil Douglas Member

I bought this, then realised that it was reminiscent of something antique we had when I was little, which we referred to as 'the Bird and Tomato'. It was Chinese, I think. I could ask my sister if she has an image of that, but his is what I have just bought. Say if I need a more detailed image, please.
    I was told Japanese embroidered silk. Can anyone tell me what I have? What does the text say?
    Cheers.

Attached Files:

• IMG2.jpg
      IMG2.jpg
      File size:
      731.2 KB
      Views:
    judy likes this.
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I don't know the first think about it but it looks lovely! There are definitely others who CAN help you with it, so check back, and I'll tag a couple as well!!
    @Any Jewelry, @Mat, @Bakersgma ??

IMG2.jpg

Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  3. Phil Douglas

Phil Douglas Member

That was quick! Thanks.

judy likes this.
  4. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

5. Phil Douglas

Phil Douglas Member

Text is Chinese?

6. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Aye, tis that. So is the style and subject matter.

7. Phil Douglas

Phil Douglas Member

Interesting! Probably made very recently, judging by the vibrant colours. Thanks for that

Draft saved Draft deleted