Featured Japanese Imari? Satsuma? Nice Bowl Set

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kraftblue, Oct 18, 2018.

1. kraftblue

kraftblue Well-Known Member

Picked up a matching bowl set. Originally thought Chinese but now think its Japanese. Can anyone help?

jap1.JPG jap2.JPG jap3.JPG jap4.JPG jap5.JPG jap6.JPG jap8.JPG jap9.JPG jap10.JPG

Pat P, judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I think you are right on Japanese rather than Chinese and I suspect more likely Arita than Satsuma. Looked in Gotheborg and saw a few identified marks using that diamond shape at the top, but none with whatever that character is inside. The shape makes me think 2nd half 20th Century at least, but that's just a gut feeling. @Mat might know more.

aaroncab, judy, Any Jewelry and 2 others like this.
  3. kraftblue

Thanks Bakersgma

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. Mat

Mat Well-Known Member

I cannot help with the maker's mark but the bowls are Arita Imari and in my opinion date to the Meiji period...

Bakersgma and judy like this.
  5. kraftblue

Thanks Mat! I found a Japanese Pottery Porcelain group on FB.. I will ask there as well and see what they say..Thanks again!

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted