japanese moriage vases? Help

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by rink28, Aug 8, 2019.

1. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

hi, i acquired these three vases at a local estate sale for 10.00 im not exactly sure what they are. I tried to do a little research on my own and have found some similar to mine and they stated it was japanese moriage. Are they? also the vase on the far left in the first picture is marked with just the makers mark and the other two vases are stamped with "made in japan". I was wondering if someone could tell me more of what i have here? Any info would be great. Thanks!

japan1.jpg japan2.jpg japan3.jpg japan4.jpg japan5.jpg japan6.jpg

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Satsuma in style. Pictures are of the Immortals.

The first one on the far left is probably 1930s.
    The other two marked Made in Japan are later, 1960s?

Moriage is the decoration. Clay slip that is applied in thin spaghetti lines. Slip is not shiny

The red and green are enamel paint. Is the yellow as shiny? Then it is enamel as well. And this would not be considered Moriage.

upload_2019-8-8_16-13-41.png

Draft saved Draft deleted