Japanese painting about a pandemic

Discussion in 'Art' started by mdlock, Oct 24, 2020.

1. mdlock

mdlock Well-Known Member

Japanese friend said its something about a great pandemic??? Pandemic1 _resize_64.jpg

2. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Has your Japanese friend translated the words? Can he/she date it? Can he/she read the marks?

What is it you want to know about this that he/she can not tell you?

3. mdlock

mdlock Well-Known Member

No he is young and has been showing it to some elders. I will check my message and post any info he was able to get

4. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Meiji period inks

5. mdlock

mdlock Well-Known Member

This is what he sent me so far. He seemed very excited.
    Hello friend,
    I have more news on the squiggly writing you were enquiring about
    Apparently, the title says Kagoshima Turmoil, where Kagoshima literally translated to be Child Deer Island (no wonder why the other friend interpreted this to be: abt a deer at Nara Park ?)
    But what's weird is that we currently find in the text there is "Current world great ancestor and New Edition of great pandemic" - ???
    We'll try to find some elders over the weekend and see if we can get better clarification for you

Hello friend,
    Apparently, the title says Kagoshima Turmoil, where Kagoshima literally translated to be Child Deer Island (no wonder why the other friend interpreted this to be: abt a deer at Nara Park ?)
    But what's weird is that we currently find in the text there is "Current world great ancestor and New Edition of great pandemic" - ???
    We'll try to find some elders over the weekend and see if we can get better clarification for you

Hello friend,

6. mdlock

mdlock Well-Known Member

But he sent it once sorry

7. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Oh and not a painting it's a woodblock print

8. mdlock

mdlock Well-Known Member

Thank you for the information. Do you know why there is like corrections or corrected mistakes?

9. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted