Japanese Plate

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by DianDV, Jan 5, 2021.

1. DianDV

DianDV New Member

10-23-17 jewelry 105.JPG 10-23-17 jewelry 108.JPG I bought this at a flea market about 20 years ago. I haven't any idea when it was made or where--except that the markings are Japanese, and the picture on the front looks like a stylized dog (?)

NewEngland and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

The only thing kind of similar is this one i found on ebay. Not sure if the price is accurate or not
    Screenshot_20210105-094907_eBay.jpg

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Your first thread with photos, @DianDV , and you did perfectly.:)
    I love the plate, but Japanese ceramics are not my forte, so I will tag @blooey , who can probably tell you more.

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I have been searching for "kinrande imari" items to learn more (since I had not heard of this combination of terms before when applied to this particular colorway.) Unfortunately I have still been unable to find any items with the green edge or background and also missing the red that usually appears in classic Imari.

I guess the question is whether there is another term that should be used. Even the definition of Kinrande style on Gotheborg makes no mention of the use of that green.

5. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I think some of those are actually Seto ware, but Dian's isn't Seto.

7. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

47523828_1_x.jpg
    Not similar enough, but in the same general color scheme. Hopefully @blooey will know the right search terms.

NewEngland and i need help like this.
  8. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

9. KikoBlueEyes

I tried different variations of that search and it looks like she has a real winner of a plate. I couldn't find anything like it but everything I saw similar was astonishing.

blooey and NewEngland like this.
  10. NewEngland

NewEngland Well-Known Member

What a beautiful plate - I love the colors - so unusual.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  11. DianDV

DianDV New Member

12. DianDV

DianDV New Member

Thanks for the suggestions and the helpful comments. I am still figuring out how to post and converse on this site and seem to be lost much of the time. I have to confess that I did well with the first post because my IT advisor sat right next to me telling me what to do. I just hope I can remember some of what he had me do.

13. KikoBlueEyes

Not to worry. You'll do fine. We are here to help.

Any Jewelry and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted