Featured Japanese Tea Cups and Saucers

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by TraceyB, Jan 2, 2021.

1. TraceyB

TraceyB Well-Known Member

Hello again :happy:
    I have recommenced unpacking my granparents boxes of goodies and found 6 of these little tea cups and saucers. I couldn't find a teapot. Using the resources I have found on the forum I have managed to identify the makers mark. The middle mark below.
    The cups and saucers are very small, wafer thin and almost translucent. I'm just after a little help regarding quality and any other comments that will help me sell. Also, I have tried to find similar for sale or recently sold on ebay but I don't think I have enough info to search correctly.
    As always thank you for taking the time to respond :watching:
    20210103_085140.jpg 20210103_085159.jpg 20210103_085219.jpg 20210103_085312.jpg 20210103_085329.jpg 20210103_085346.jpg
    Screenshot_20210103-061003_Chrome.jpg

2. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

3. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Commonly call eggshell porcelain. :happy::happy:

4. TraceyB

Yes! Thank you. That's exactly what they feel like. I am almost too afraid to handle them :nailbiting:

bercrystal, judy and komokwa like this.
  5. TraceyB

komokwa likes this.
  6. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

judy and TraceyB like this.
  7. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

IIRC, these will have modest value (I haven’t checked recently, but I suspect that ceramics is still a depressed market) as they are not top quality, but a nice mass market set.

judy and TraceyB like this.
  8. TraceyB

i need help likes this.
  9. TraceyB

Thanks so much @kentworld :happy: Any suggestions on how I should word the title when I come to sell?

i need help likes this.
  10. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Gosh, I haven’t sold stuff for so long, I wouldn’t know. However, if you look at the same sort of item, say, on eBay, you can see how others have titled their items for sale.

TraceyB likes this.
  11. TraceyB

Thanks!! I have checked ebay and etsy. I found one listing but don't think the title is quite factual. I'll continue my search. Thanks again :happy:

Draft saved Draft deleted