Japanese themed serigraph: Need help with signature

Discussion in 'Art' started by Lithographer, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Lithographer

Lithographer Well-Known Member

I bought this at one of the local thrift shops in Kalamazoo about 5 years ago, I really like it because my family has always had an interest in Japanese art. It was framed locally, probably in the 1980's. No info on the back of the picture other than the frame shop label. It is a serigraph and it may be hand embellished. It is driving me crazy that I can't sort out the signature, I have tried all sorts of combinations starting with "Wh" but I am beginning to think I have been on the wrong track. I am assuming the last part of the last name is a double "t". There are some interesting things that I noted about the writing: mixed printed and cursive letters, no loops on the down stroke, thinly connected "t", letters after the p in the last name look like the "ro" in "from" and what looks like an "i" in the last name is not dotted. I have been trying to compare the letters in the title to the ones in the name to see if I can match them up. A few extra sets of eyes and some out the box ideas would be great. IMG_1233.jpg IMG_1234.jpg IMG_1235.jpg IMG_1236.jpg

anundverkaufen and Bronwen like this.
  2. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

3. Lithographer

Lithographer Well-Known Member

anundverkaufen likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted