Japanese vase with stamp

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by gouldcx, Jun 15, 2022.

1. gouldcx

gouldcx Active Member

1100160116.jpg 1100160117.jpg Hi, im new to this.
    I have a japanese vase which is stamped but i have no info on it. I think its 19th C. imari but any info would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2022
    Bronwen and moreotherstuff like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome, gouldcx! We would do better on the mark if you can provide us with a pic that is straight on rather than from an angle.

The decor does not look as old as 19th century to me - more like late 20th, but I could be wrong.

gouldcx and johnnycb09 like this.
  3. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

It's Chinese. You can turn it counterclockwise a quarter and look through gotheborg.com. Click on Chinese marks on the left menu.

gouldcx, Ce BCA and Bakersgma like this.
  4. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

@janetpjohn is correct, it's a Chinese mark, the one for the Qianlong emperor however it is later in date. It looks early 20th century to me, the Chinese also produced Imari style ware but it is less numerous than the Japanese counterparts.

Francisco G Kempton and gouldcx like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted