Featured Jayne Mansfield original transparent negative 1956

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Vintage Maven, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Vintage Maven

Vintage Maven Well-Known Member

This is a particularly rare item in my collection. An original 8x10 size colour negative transparency from 1956 of the iconic Jayne Mansfield. It is in mint condition.

An interesting side story: Our family has some close ties to the iconic actress. My great aunt and her husband met & knew her well while they were living in California during the late 1950’s and early 1960’s.

21034C5F-DDE3-472C-B67B-667952881C06.jpeg

2. 2manybooks

2manybooks Well-Known Member

Nice item, particularly with the family history. Technically, it is a positive transparency, like a color slide, as the colors (though faded) appear in their proper relation.

3. Vintage Maven

Thank you the proper description of the item. Yes, the family history part is certainly interesting, when I was young I recall seeing pictures of my aunt and Jayne together.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  4. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I always admired her. She took her assets and made a career out of them when the American media wanted to portray all women as wearing a dress and apron in the kitchen where they belonged.

5. Vintage Maven

That is a great point!

Draft saved Draft deleted