Featured Jewellery in Shoe Box

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by TraceyB, Oct 20, 2020.

1. TraceyB

TraceyB Well-Known Member

Hi
    Can anyone please help me with some info on these pieces. My Grandma left me a couple of shoe boxes of costume jewellery that I have just started to go through. Any info at all would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Tracey

20201020_192402.jpg 20201020_192418.jpg 20201020_192432.jpg 20201020_192451.jpg 20201020_192508.jpg 20201020_192528.jpg 20201020_192545.jpg

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Probably silver filigree bracelet , that clasp is often Turkish or Middle Eastern. 1920s or 30s carved ivory brooch. The earrings are fairly recent, 1980s ish, possibly moonglow, necklace is 60s. That other brooch is really nice, 30s again - orchids.

3. TraceyB

Wow!!!! Fabulous thank you. Is there a market for this type of costume jewellery? I'm trying to do as much research as possible because I don't want to just put it in a garage sale.

pearlsnblume, Lucille.b and KSW like this.
  4. Ownedbybear

There is, absolutely. Not so much the earrings, they're pretty standard, but the other things yes.

pearlsnblume and KSW like this.
  5. TraceyB

Some other bits and pieces. It's a little overwhelming to know where to start.....

20201020_203218.jpg 20201020_203234.jpg 20201020_203252.jpg 20201020_203306.jpg 20201020_203324.jpg 20201020_203511.jpg

6. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Hi Tracy,

Couple of tips here since sounds like you have a fair amount of jewelry to show.

#1 post the photos as "FULL IMAGE" when loading. Then they appear large rather than thumbnails that have to be clicked on. You can go back and edit your post to do this.

Also I think for this post it is okay, but in a perfect world you should have started a new post for this 2nd group. And that is fine by us -- you could even title it with a slightly different title, "Group 2" or something.

As for one of the pieces in the first group, here is a bracelet under sold on Ebay, that looks similar. (Be sure to click on "original listing".)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-SPIDER-WEB-AND-SPIDER-BRACELET-HANDCRAFTED-FILIGREE-WEB-/264892514847?hash=item3dacd3021f:g:rOkAAOSwO5xfWCQz&nma=true&si=NadlR4EKbO8peVmjh3aO417782Y%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

7. Ownedbybear

Cufflinks are probably brass. The watches may be interesting, could use better close ups, especially of any marks. Crystal necklace is 50s, I have several. Not massive value, but pretty .

KSW likes this.
  8. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I have a bracelet in the same gold orchid with pearl center motif as the little bar brooch. Venezuelan, 18K (marked), with what my jeweller told me is 'river gold' of a higher fineness.

Ownedbybear and KSW like this.
  9. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I’d look twice at those watches if I saw them. Are they hallmarked anywhere?

pearlsnblume likes this.
  10. Ownedbybear

I wondered that. They look decent. Interesting about that brooch!

KSW likes this.
  11. lovewrens

lovewrens Well-Known Member

I know a few people who would love that spiderweb bracelet!

pearlsnblume and Lucille.b like this.
  12. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

ladies watches......not so much demand......check the metal for marks though..

13. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  14. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

15. TraceyB

Thank you everyone for your tips regarding full size images etc. When I get home from work I will start again in a new feed. I won't put so many different items in the feed. It seems the orchid brooch has created some interesting comments so I will go with that first. I can remember seeing another orchid something in the shoe boxes so I will dig that out as well :)

KSW likes this.
  16. LovesVintage

LovesVintage reader of books and tea leaves

Just popping in to say that I could sit and read this board all day! :D
    Some lovely things you've inherited, Tracey.

KSW and Lucille.b like this.
  17. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Me too, to the detriment of the things I am actually meant to be doing!. Today was rained off so I have a good excuse.

LovesVintage and Ownedbybear like this.
  18. TraceyB

I am beginning to realise just how special some of these things are......
    This site is starting to become addictive!!!!

LovesVintage likes this.
  19. Ownedbybear

Aha.

Fresh blood. ;)

LovesVintage, Lucille.b and KSW like this.
  20. TraceyB

Yes. I'm afraid so

Ownedbybear, Lucille.b and KSW like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted