Jewelry ~ Need help With 3 Items, Please.

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by patd8643, Nov 8, 2018.

1. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

Need a little help with 3 items. Thanks for taking a look.
    Patd
    1 - What kind of stones are these? You can not see that they are etched on the front with flowers in a basket.
    2 - Must have been out of my my when I bought these! So unlike me. What is this kind of thing called? Where made?
    3 - Two pieces of this jewelry has magnet ends that find in together. Is it steel? Any idea who made it? Frts 1.jpg Backs 1.jpg Side 1.jpg Side 2.jpg Mag All 3 1.jpg Backs 1.jpg Open 1.jpg Stone 2.jpg Third piece has an interesting latch.
    Again, thanks for putting up with my questions.

2. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Are the earrings gold? The posts look as if they are. If so maybe the stone is more likely to be carnelian rather than glass. The chains look well made.

Pat P, Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  3. 2manybooks

2manybooks Well-Known Member

#3 looks like modern woven chain work coming out of Indonesia. The chain may be sterling with steel at the magnetic ends, or it may all be stainless steel.

Pat P, Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  4. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

No help with the stones, but I have seen the bracelets with dangles all around called cha-cha bracelets.

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Carnelian intaglios on the first one in what looks like gold - check the posts. The next set is very modern costume of no place in particular. The pieces with the magnetic clasps look like a mix. That bracelet with the garnet is almost certainly sterling, but the others ... dunno. The magnets started showing up a while ago, aimed at baby boomers who didn't want to/couldn't mess with fiddly clasps any more.

6. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Compare the two. If the designs are an exact match, they are molded glass. Are you sure they're baskets of flowers? I see something more like this:

ancient_hero_sword_scabbard_Q.jpg

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  7. patd8643

Bronwen, you are toooo Good!!! I tried to enhance the picture enough to see what it was but was very unsuccessful.:bigtears: The designs are very similar but not absolutely exact. Could be carnelian or glass.
    Patd

Bronwen likes this.
  8. patd8643

Bercrystal, thanks for the keyword. I checked out the bracelets on google and found one listed as carnelian cha cha bracelet that looked a lot like mine but the link was dead.:oops:

bercrystal likes this.
  9. patd8643

2Many, with your clue, I found a bunch of vary similar necklaces and bracelets marked as Balinese, not exact but close enough on google.:p

2manybooks likes this.
  10. patd8643

Thanks everyone for your continuing help. I can't tell you how much it is appreciated. EVERY item I have asked about (except one) has lead to an answer here or given clues that I can research further. Hats off to you all!
    Patd

Houseful and Bronwen like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted