Joan Miro print.

Discussion in 'Art' started by Pilkenton, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Pilkenton

Pilkenton New Member

Please excuse the pics. I don't have a camera and have to take pics with my computer. I found this Joan Miro print at a thrift store. I think I paid $2 for it. How do I know if it's real? I read somewhere that Miro signs his prints with pencil. His signature looks authentic when I look at it with a loupe. It doesn't look printed on the paper. I saw the exact same one on eBay in the exact same orange frame that mine has. If it's real, what would the value of it be? Thanks in advance.

PIXECT-20140620113021.jpg PIXECT-20140620113333.jpg

2. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

3. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Maybe a poster for an art exhibition?

4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Sure looks like, but if it's an original it's still worth more than two bucks. Old exhibit posters can be worth a fair bit, depending.

5. kentworld

I hope Highly/GMP doesn't mind me posting his answer -- I queried him about this one.

Original lithographic Galerie Maeght poster, 1950, for the exhibition "Miro Sculpture Graphique." This was also reprinted at some point. The signature is not in pencil, but lithographed in the stone....

My opinion is based only on [the] photo...so must be viewed in the light.

Found one current listing on ebay:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOAN-MIRO-G...21468711860?pt=Art_Prints&hash=item3390905bb4

6. Tauriel

Tauriel Active Member

I hope Highly/GMP doesn't mind me posting his answer -- I queried him about this one.

So where is that old dodger? Is he haunting any boards these days? I miss the repartee...hehehehe :) And the contribution of his vast knowledge.

Tauriel aka 19561945

anundverkaufen likes this.
  7. kentworld

The old codge...er, dodger is aware of this site. I just figured he'd know about the Miro and he did. ;)

Tauriel likes this.
  8. Tauriel

Tauriel Active Member

:p LOL!! well maybe some day he will grace us with his presence here on our little Field of Dreams!!

9. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Appreciate the cross-posting info. I do think we need to post both places for awhile. Lots of expertise there that has not found its way here ......... yet.

Bev aka thelmasstuff likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted