John Maddock and Sons Ltd - Blue Willow Pattern

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by CHrabok, Aug 24, 2016.

1. CHrabok

CHrabok New Member

Hello fellow antiquers.

Ive just finished sorting through a collection of blue willow pattern dishes my grandmother had kept in a cardboard box in a grain bin for years and years. I've found the basic information on John Maddock and Sons but there are some variations in stamps that I'm not sure about. There are quite a few separate pieces Eg: plates, bowls, cups but there are also variations between these. 3 kinds of tea cups, two kinds of saucers. There is a 4th teacup and saucer kind but they simply are stamped "Japan" Any information or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

The green stamps compared to all the blue stamps have thrown me off a bit as well.

Attached Files:

KingofThings likes this.
  2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

This might make for easier viewing.
    upload_2016-8-24_23-4-9.png

upload_2016-8-24_23-5-32.png
    upload_2016-8-24_23-6-43.png
    upload_2016-8-24_23-7-53.png
    upload_2016-8-24_23-8-59.png
    upload_2016-8-24_23-10-7.png

upload_2016-8-24_23-11-13.png

yourturntoloveit and lauragarnet like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

that was in ONE box ???........Whoa !!!!!

4. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

Thankyou SIS. Everything I clicked on wanted me to open it in Adobe Reader.:confused:

5. say_it_slowly

6. say_it_slowly

Me too.

7. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

And you did it! Brave you!

8. say_it_slowly

(curious nature)

I also have blue willow as my daily dinnerware.

9. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Great memories of Sunday dinner at my grandparents' house. Roast beef served on Blue Willow!

When cleaning out my mom's house a few years ago, I found only 1 piece - a smallish platter that I dragged home and display on a kitchen shelf. Always brings a smile!

10. say_it_slowly

I also was remiss in not saying Welcome to CHrabok so welcome to the boards!

KingofThings and lauragarnet like this.
  11. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Oh gee. Me too! :facepalm: Greetings CHrabok!

KingofThings likes this.
  12. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Suggestion to the MODS....
    Suggestion to the MODS....
    Make the Full Image button MUCH larger?

komokwa and Aquitaine like this.
  13. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Welcome!

14. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi and WELCOME CHrabok!!!! Oh, you will LOVE it here!!! Please note, we also have a lot of fun while exchanging and dissecting information!!!! When posting pictures, 1MB is the size limit, .jpg being the easiest format I think, 10 pics per post, and when you upload the files, the very top image lets you click to "post every image full size"....MUST DO!!!!! Piece of cake!!!!!!!!!! You also will find, most of the 'experts' here would like close ups, several angles, dimensions, and any other information you can provide about the object in question.....that should get you off to a great start!!!

KingofThings likes this.
  15. Aquitaine

And my Mom left me an Awesome collection of English Blue Willow ware as well!!! Save it for best use.....absolutely LOVE, LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KingofThings likes this.
  16. CHrabok

CHrabok New Member

I am apparently not any good at this. It took me forever to get the picture off my iPad onto my laptop then to reduce the size to post only for it not to work. Then when I tried to post a reply I posted as a guest because I wasn't signed in; however, that post seems to have disappeared. Apologies if it reappears and this is posted twice.

Thank you all for the welcome. It's really a beautiful collection. There are clearly more pieces of some type than others. There are only 8 large plates in comparison to the vast amount of smaller plates.

I don't think the green vs blue coloring for the stamp is that significant. There seems to be only two main sites for information and neither a huge help. I have to split the set up between other family members and the horrible person that I am I don't want to accidentally give away any key or important pieces.

17. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

:eek::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Aquitaine and KingofThings like this.
  18. Aquitaine

Nice collection there CHrabok!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted