Featured Just got today my Tobacco Humidor...and not Tea pot as mentioned on advert.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by BTZ64, Mar 6, 2020.

?

How old could it be..??

1. Origine of manufacturing..Europe..Far east..??

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Any similar pieces on your records..??

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Hi to all,
    Just got it today..In a very good condition...
    As it was asked to me before..I couldn't have more photos of this piece...
    Now I have taken those photos..Maybe to know more about this pot...
    First ,by looking closely on the few marks..It looks like H/11 or 11/H written on the both pieces Up and Down...
    By watching closely with a Loupe and Magnifier..There is some gold very fine lines of painting as well...And all the subjects painted seems to be a little cracked as a cloisonne appearance...
    Now is it English..Irish..(As mentioned by the seller...)Japanese or other..????
    How old..I still don't know..??
    So please take a wee time to watch those new photos with maybe ..And I hope more Informations...
    Merci to all
    JB 001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG

kyratango, pearlsnblume, judy and 5 others like this.
  2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    It is a wonderful piece.
    greg

kyratango, judy, Christmasjoy and 3 others like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

it's lovely.......... bombastic !!!

kyratango, judy, Christmasjoy and 2 others like this.
  4. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Japanese, Satsuma/Kyoto type earthenware, marks are numbers so that pieces "match" and do not get mixed up with others during manufacture. 1910-ish

5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I would guess Japanese as it has the shape of a Japanese bell. It looks very nice.

6. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Just curious, can you please give a close up of the handle animal?

7. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Thanks very much...!!!

kyratango and Christmasjoy like this.
  8. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Big Thanks for info...!!!!

kyratango, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  9. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Here is some attached...Don't know the exact present value of this piece...Any idea...Bought it on Ebay for 9.13 Euros..But for sur..Some Collectors might be interested...For the moment I will enjoy it as I like it too much...!!!!

kyratango, judy, Christmasjoy and 2 others like this.
  10. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Please inform me asa you can..You might have discovered something new..??? Thanks anyway to share if you have......jb

judy and i need help like this.
  11. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

12. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

13. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Hello to you...I have made some research on the web...Pinterest etc plus Japanese ceramics forum.....I got an interesting response about the color..Which is call Avocado Green....Then have been ask to check on..Kimkosan Sobei...and Makuzu Kozan...Things I have done..But my Humidor has not got any specific maker marks..Except the wee signs on up and base parts....Would you have anymore infos for me..?? Thanking you in advance...JJB

Draft saved Draft deleted