just joined up

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by tom sanford, Feb 14, 2020.

1. tom sanford

tom sanford New Member

Im joining up now and interested in what you all have and what the value of this stuff is.
    I have a few antiques that I began to "value" myself through trying to purchase similar items on the market here online.

Most of these items I've had for over 35 years.

When you have antique furniture you should get the value of what its actually worth when selling it. There are a lot of "low Ballers" and scammers out there.

Thanks

Christmasjoy and Aquitaine like this.
  2. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Welcome to the forums! Unfortunately you will never realize retail prices when selling unless you sell in a retail setting yourself.

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

this is not a site to find out prices for things.....

Christmasjoy, judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome Tom.
    Values fluctuate enormously and vary from time to time, location to location, venue to venue. By purchasing similar items to the ones you have, you just end up with more similar items, not with an idea of a lasting value.
    Just buy items you like, and find out more about them. Asking here is a good way to find out. We will be happy to help if we can.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    Christmasjoy, Houseful and komokwa like this.
  5. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Tom!

Welcome to Antiquers............:cat:

Christmasjoy likes this.
  6. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Welcome!

Christmasjoy likes this.
  7. tom sanford

tom sanford New Member

Thanks.

You only know the value of something when you try to buy something similar. Also pricing what it would cost to have a reproduction made.

For instance if you price a 59 Gibson Les Paul you'll see those go for upwards of 100K USD. I'm a musician and Ive bought and sold instruments and electronics a few times here and there. I began to realize that these things all have a 'Value" to them.

If you buy expect to pay what it's worth then when you sell you should get close to that back.

Thanks

Draft saved Draft deleted