Featured Just Wanted To Say Thank You! Happy Thanksgiving!

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by ScanticAntiques, Nov 26, 2015.

1. ScanticAntiques

ScanticAntiques Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone!

Hope you are all having a wonderful Holiday!

I just wanted to say that I am thankful for all of you!
    You all are so very nice and we greatly appreciate all the help you have given!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Warmest Regards,
    Scantic

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

And thank you! and all the other members who post such interesting things to research and learn from!

3. Jen and George

Jen and George Well-Known Member

Yes to what Scantic said. We are both thankful for all the knowledgable people who so willingly share that knowledge with the rest of us. This is such a wonderful place with great teachers. Thank you.

4. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Absotively and posolutely!
    Muchas gracias!

5. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

I'm also very thankful for both the help and the camaraderie! This is a very special group! :)

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Thank you all for letting me into your gang of interesting collectors , of all manner of items.
    & thank you for letting me be me !

7. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I would like to add my thanks for allowing me to be part of this wonderful group.
    May you all have a very pleasant day whatever you may be doing.

8. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

I am indeed thankful to all of you, except for the white males who speak better Spanish than I do!
    Kiddddding!!!!!!!
    Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I made through an other Holiday. My BIL called me Tuesday morning and asked if I would roast another turkey. He thought the one turkey he was making would not be enough, even though his MIL was making meat balls. I had to soak the 19 lb bird in cold water for two days to be able to roast for today. I got up at 6AM to start the bird. Yesterday I made a blueberry pie, a pecan pie, a cherry pie and an apple pie.
    The other couple who was supposed to bring dessert did they bought a 8" pumpkin pie. This was for 35 people. A another couple bought a dozen cookies. The woman making the meatballs brought 16 meat balls and 12 pieces of cut up sausage. Thank goodness the rest of the people who were making things made enough for 35 people. We ate at 1:30 PM had dessert at 5PM and 12 of them disappeared at 5:30
    to go shopping. 5 couples left at 6:30. Thank goodness one couple took their grandparents with them. My BIL's wife disappeared at 5:30. So at 7PM there was my BIL, his parents, the two of us and my other SIL and her family of five plus 6 kids. I was leaving at 8PM and my BIL thanked me for everything. He said he made up a package for us containing the left over turkey. I got home and was putting the package away ( I looked in) and started to laugh hysterically. He gave me a whole tray of his sister's macaroni and cheese which NO ONE and I mean no one wanted to eat. I am still laughing while I am trying to type this.
    greg

10. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

My mother and I had a quiet dinner,and Im REALLY beginning to question the wisdom of cooking so much for so short of a time ! But we watch the parades,cook at a leisurely pace and chat away. I just wish it was colder,sorry to all my fellow boardies who are shivering away ! I am glad for this board,and of all of you,and I wish you all a happy day however you choose to celebrate it . :)

11. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

I feel like I have a whole n'other family here!
    My heart is so full!

12. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I will add my 2 cents and say I am so thankful for this group of folks and this forum.

Greg your story made me laugh.
    16 meatballs for 35 people, and I thought my math was bad. LOL

On the other hand, Greg you are now the go to guy for recipes for pies.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

13. komokwa

Greg......you da man !!

For all you went thru to make everyone elses holiday special.......you should have gotten more thank yous that I cam write here !!

14. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Greg's also the go to guy for leftover, untouched macaroni and cheese! :cool:

Hey, Greg, maybe offer it in our Giveaways forum? You could pack it in dry ice...

(Just joking :) )

15. komokwa

I think he should leave it out in the back yard foe wild aminamels , to see if they'd touch it !

16. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Well, that answered my question elsewhere!

And I too thank all of you for being all of you!

17. ScanticAntiques

Hope everyones Holiday was splendid!

For the first time in my entire life we "ate out" for Thanksgiving.
    To my surprise it was actually pretty great!

If you are ever feeling too tired to cook and live in the New England area,
    check out the Simsbury Inn (Connecticut). Quite a feast they put on & no clean up after ;)

Thank you again to each and every one of you!

18. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

I know the Simsbury! Delightful!

KingofThings and ScanticAntiques like this.
  19. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

YIKES!
    WOW!!
    &
    OH MY!!!
    ;)

ScanticAntiques likes this.
  20. ScanticAntiques

It's a lovely area!

KingofThings likes this.