Featured Kaj Franck Kremlin Bells Decanter

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by norman warbreck, Mar 24, 2020.

1. norman warbreck

norman warbreck Well-Known Member

Hi everyone
    Thought i would share this with you all. Purchased from my local and favourite charity shop. I first saw the base part, handless decanter in a smokey glass. It caught my eye as its such a simple and clean design without a fussy handle. On looking closer i saw it was signed to the base and surprise surprise. So for 2.00Swiss francs, i put it aside and continued looking through shelves and shelves of goodies. I then saw the small decanter tucked at the back and my eye said nice thing. I then saw it had a polished pontil mark and for Sfr.2.00 i put it aside.
    He had just unpacked a household of super Scandi pieces and i bought them all walking out with a treasure trove.
    Here it comes... I was unaware that the small decanter fitted into the top of the base IMG_20200311_084047.jpg decanter. Some Google...Kaj Franck designs....and hey presto. The Kremlin decanter

2. norman warbreck

norman warbreck Well-Known Member

In case someone just finds the base...or the smaller decanter these are very desirable. Here it is all together IMG_20200311_084030.jpg

3. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

Wow! Quite impressive. Isn't it amazing how much natural beauty is overlooked every single day?

4. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for this. I can see how they would be easily parted.

5. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

6. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Beautiful design.

7. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Wow, gorgeous design. Lucky you noticed the quality of the 2nd piece at the thrift, good eye.

Beautiful together.

pearlsnblume likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted