Kangxi Ginger Pot?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Dergills, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Dergills

Dergills New Member

Hello All. Quick disclosure, this is my first post, so sorry if this is addressed somewhere that I did not see.

I picked up two porcelain items that I believe may be Kangxi Ginger Pots. Can anyone give me more information on them? I got the Kangxi name using a photo translator app. They are identical items with symmetrical images. I could not find any other like them searching images on the internet.

Thanks! 01-20-21 006 - Resized.jpg 01-20-21 007 - Resized.jpg 01-20-21 008 - Resized.jpg 01-20-21 009 - Resized.jpg 01-20-21 010 - Resized.jpg

judy likes this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Your picture of the marks is upside down.

judy likes this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

There is no way that your items were made in the Kangxi period. The marks are what are called "honorific" - honoring the period they refer to on items made at a much later date. Read the Kangxi titled section in the Gotheborg site linked here. Unfortunately using the "photo translator" cannot distinguish between older and newer marks properly.

http://www.gotheborg.com/marks/20thcenturychina.shtml?

4. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Yes, you can see these marks on gotheborg; click on Chinese marks on the left. Ooh, sniped again. These do look 20th century.

judy, KikoBlueEyes and Bakersgma like this.
  5. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Painting is very crude and as said above not a snowball's chance this is Kangxi or any other Ching dynasty for that matter.

judy and Bakersgma like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

These basic, rather rigid figures in bold patches of colour are typical of the ca 1950s-early 70s period. Overhere in Western Europe these were sold filled with packaged tea or something similar.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted