Featured Keep looking, the good stuff is out there

Discussion in 'Silver' started by MrNate, Aug 19, 2019.

1. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

Good evening everyone,

Today turned into an unexpected silver adventure I thought I would share. I've been much more active with private sales, and it's been really enjoyable so far. I'm not abandoning my thrift store roots, but there's some great stuff to be found through online classifieds.

Today I was scanning through a bunch of listings and I came across one that looked promising. I'm often working off partial information on these situations, and I don't mind getting my guesses wrong every now and then. To pull off this find, I drove 1.5 hours away on short notice not actually knowing if I was going to get good stuff or a case of junk. Luckily it was the first option. What you see in the photos below was my reward for carefully scanning through 100's of listings to find something that looked promising. Price was $50 for everything:

IMG_1882.JPG IMG_1883.JPG IMG_1884.JPG IMG_1885.JPG IMG_1886.JPG IMG_1887.JPG IMG_1888.JPG IMG_1889.JPG IMG_1890.JPG IMG_1892.JPG

2. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

So do you look on Facebook or Next door or some other app?

3. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

WELL DONE Nate !!! ... Joy. :):):)

4. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Congrats! How do you feel about rising silver prices? More $$$ or more competition?

5. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

Silver prices going up is a good thing; I doubt that competition to find silver would change much but the market price of items can certainly go up due to a higher spot price.

6. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Were you picking/hunting when silver hit $48 per oz. back in 2011? Fun times to observe. Cash-for-Gold stores were opening on every street corner and there were long lines at local coin dealer's shops to sell precious metals/jewelry. I was in college then with only a part time job so I wasn't an active participant but it was fun to watch the conversations on the forums back then.

Personally the only silver I have is in the form of the coins that I collect. Just purchased some Brilliant Uncirculated Peace Dollars from the local silver buyer this weekend for $16 each, an exceptional deal in my opinion.

7. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

The silver whisperer strikes again. Congrats.

8. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

I wasn't collecting at the time. 48 per ounce is an astounding price. I use to collect coins a long time ago but sold my collection when I was younger (wish I hadn't).

Christmasjoy likes this.
  9. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Once again Im green with envy ! I havent found so much as a teaspoon in months now! I think my favorite picking spots are deluged with other hunters. I might have to rethink my hunting grounds,I never thought to look online!

MrNate, Christmasjoy and pearlsnblume like this.
  10. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

I hope you find more, and soon! I've experienced a lot of luck lately, so I'm bracing myself for the inevitable dry spell in the future.

johnnycb09 likes this.
  11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Mr N8...you are an inspiration to us all !!!

I sold my silver bars and gold coins......wayyyyyyyyy to early !!!!

MrNate likes this.
  12. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

Thank you Komokwa, I'm always trying to keep my addiction going and sharing my finds on here. And when I sold my coin collection, it was at a bad price and I learned my lesson.

johnnycb09 and komokwa like this.
  13. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

My Pleasure !
    My silver was one thing but never in my wildest dreams did I foresee my gold Maple Leafs going at $1600 us.....

& lemme tell ya....I got some wild dreams !!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

johnnycb09 and MrNate like this.
  14. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

IT’S THE GOLDEN SILVER MAN......STRIKING AGAIN!!!!!:singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing:

MrNate likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted