Featured Ken Goldman pastel

Discussion in 'Art' started by Lucille.b, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

I think this may be an early pastel work from the artist Ken Goldman who wrote a zillion books about painting. Do you think it is from that artist, and if yes, any thoughts whether it has resale value? If I have the dating correct, he would have painted it when he was quite young. One problem is that it seems like a bit of the pastel has come off onto the glass in a few small spots. Not sure what to do with this one. Thanks!

past2.jpg past3.jpg

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

See no reason it would not be his. On his site, I notice that the copyright notice for the pastel page is for 1970 - 2012, so the year of your piece is right in there.

Christmasjoy and Lucille.b like this.
  3. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Pastel often does come adrift from the pastel paper or sandpaper used. I have a pastel above my gas fire and a lot of the pastel chalk has come off probably because of the rise and fall of the temperature and the dust is just sitting there on the bevel cut mounts. Only thing is to remount it, that’s not easy as that pastel flakes off so easily and somehow ends up on your new mount.

Christmasjoy, Lucille.b and Bronwen like this.
  4. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link, Bronwen. Also thanks, Holly. I think that is what is going on and helpful to know that remounting might not be straight forward.

Christmasjoy and Bronwen like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted