Keywords, age, type etc. of necklace, earrings & bracelet

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by tyeldom3, May 6, 2017.

1. tyeldom3

tyeldom3 Well-Known Member

I think some of the beads are a frosted type of glass, and others are plastic I guess. What do you call this type of jewelry set? Age, and I assume maker is impossible right!?;):p
    Thanks for your time.
    (Oh & sorry, pardon the dirt, they have not been cleaned yet).
    12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg 18.jpg

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

You have AB so 1950s at the very earliest - I think 60s. AB crystals on filgree brass backs, faux pearls and frosted glass. I've entirely forgotten what that shape is called.

judy and tyeldom3 like this.
  3. tyeldom3

Oh thank you so much Bear, you are wonderful.:):kiss:

judy likes this.
  4. Ownedbybear

You're welcome. Pretty set!

tyeldom3 and judy like this.
  5. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Tyeldom, you probably know this, but for keywords if selling I would put "parure" or "full parure". (I think a "grand parure" is when there is a brooch as well, so I occasionally see "demi parure" for a set like this, but what ever you do at least say "parure".)

Other keywords, "ornate clasp", "4-strand necklace", etc. It does look like a nice set. A little bit different with that floral metal backing on the clasp. Are you sure there is no tiny name written on the hook?

tyeldom3 and judy like this.
  6. tyeldom3

Very nice Lucilleb! Thank you for the help, much appreciated & helpful. I don't think there are any marks, but I will look again, thanks.:)

7. Ownedbybear

I've a few bits with that sort of filigree back on earrings and other fittings. I've assumed, for some reason, that they're West German.

tyeldom3 likes this.
  8. tyeldom3

That's so funny that you say that, because I don't know a whole lot about vintage jewelry, but I got the same feeling when I looked at them. I thought they may be German. Nice to know, I may be learning something!!:)

9. Ownedbybear

I suspect it's based on having handled pieces that actually had a German mark on them. At some point. ;)

tyeldom3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted