Featured KG Luneville holder piece - what is it?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, Apr 2, 2015.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I found this piece abandoned on a table after an auction. It had a large chunk out of the one side, but the pieces were there & when you place them into the damage area you don't even know there is any damage without close inspection. Anyway I just couldn't leave it sitting there because I know the staff of the auction house would just throw it in the trash. :(

This is all one piece. It is 9 3/8" by 4 5/8" across the tray portion. The larger sections are 2 7/8" across.

I tried searching on Replacements without any luck. The pattern name looks like Elrans.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!!! :kiss::kiss:

dgbjwc, Bakersgma and KingofThings like this.
  2. birgittaw

birgittaw Active Member

Ecrans.

KingofThings likes this.
  3. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

KingofThings likes this.
  4. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I would have scooped it up immediately. :D:D:D Looks like an easy fix.
    greg

Bakersgma and KingofThings like this.
  5. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

And Bev is saying, "There's another one!"

KingofThings likes this.
  6. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

7. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

8. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

We would have made quite a scene if we had all been there to see it. :cool:

I'm sure Peggy's is pre-1900, probably c. 1880's, because of the Aesthetic/japonisme design. Interesting that the description in the worthpoint link says 20's-40's but is the same shape.

Do you think the little circular pieces are for resting the stoppers while the cruets are being poured from?

9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

could be....that way they don't touch the table..& can drip on the plate..

Maybe though for salt and pepper ...?

10. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Thanks for deciphering the pattern name Briggita & Susan!! :kiss::kiss:

I would have scooped it up immediately. :D:D:D Looks like an easy fix.
    greg

We would have made quite a scene if we had all been there to see it. :cool:

Yes, I do believe most folks who frequent this board would have never left it there to be thrown out. Then it would have been a free for all jumping over tables & boxes to see who would get there first. :eek::rolleyes::wacky::wacky::D

The only thing more satisfying is the seller who left it there in the first place is a real horse's patoot. Likes everyone to think he knows everything about all matters of antiques & spends money like it is the last one anyone will ever see. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    One of these days I want to go up to his shop just to gawk at the prices he has on stuff. :eek:

Susan - That was a very interesting read. Looking at the plate I would have never guessed that it was a man until they showed a close up. LOL

Janet - Thanks for the showing that Worthpoint listing. I would love to know how much it sold for, although since it was almost eight years ago it probly wouldn't mean much.

I think I will list it as is for repair & let the new owner take care of the repairs themselves. Other than a crack in the other holder & this damage, it is in remarkably good shape for being 135 years old. I just wonder if by any chance the bottles for this set were somewhere at the auction. I don't recall seeing them anywhere but if you could see this auction you would understand how you miss things all of the time.

He sells on the average of around 600 table lots, shelf lots & a scattering of individual items. Items are not always kept together & it is not unusual to find stuff scattered between multiple locations. So that you have to bid on multiple lots to get everything you need. :(

11. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

You're welcome.

--- Susan

Draft saved Draft deleted