Kittinger Conference Table - 12' x 4' - Plus chairs(?)

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Rusty Olinger, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Rusty Olinger

Rusty Olinger New Member

Hi everyone!

I'm hoping for some information on this Kittinger Conference Table. I've contacted Kittinger, and even heard back from a VP, but they want $250 to even talk about the table and from what I've read unless you have a serial nameplate, it's hard to get good information.

I know that this table and the chairs came from IL to GA over 30 years ago, and the table is probably much older as our company is over 100 years old. I'm hoping to date and maybe get an estimate or appraisal on the table. This table, and the chairs, will be on the market soon.

The table is 12' x 4' with a custom piece of glass on the top. There are 3 legs supporting the table. Below are some photos. I wonder if the chairs are even Kittinger? They have no maker mark that I can see.

Do any of you have any information or tips?

We have one other Kittinger table too, that I believe is just as old as this one. A smaller oval, also with a glass top.
    table 1.JPG table 2.JPG table 3.JPG table 4.JPG table 5.JPG table 6.JPG chair 1.JPG chair 2.JPG

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Very nice looking.
    Welcome to the board.
    Be sure to check back. People come and go at all hours.

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

upload_2020-1-20_22-25-35.jpeg
    upload_2020-1-20_22-26-0.jpeg

be good for an Antiquers conference !! :playful:

4. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware that Kittinger had made office furniture... Might this be a banquet table, re-purposed for a conference room?

(It reminds me of their mahogany, yew-banded dining tables.)

verybrad likes this.
  5. Rusty Olinger

Rusty Olinger New Member

I found a Serial Number plate on one of the rails that was hidden to me based on how the table is sitting. 2-4872. Does anyone know how their number sequencing works? Also, I found it neat how the legs are numbered. I believe there were more leaves to the table. I interviewed a retired gentlemen who cam with the table from Indiana to Georgia. He said it used to be much longer, and it was there in 1982 when he started.

Attached Files:

komokwa likes this.
  6. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

7. Rusty Olinger

Rusty Olinger New Member

Hi, thanks for the tip! I actually reached out to them last week, my first inquiry. I had an email from Jim Fisgus of Elm and I sent him photos of the table and phone numbers. However, he suddenly went dark, and he never answered my numerous calls or emails... I did try him again today.

8. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Hmmm, Rusty, that's odd. (I hope he's okay! It sounds as if he's a real asset to the Kittinger community.)

I'll cross my fingers that he gets back to you!

Rusty Olinger likes this.
  9. Rusty Olinger

Rusty Olinger New Member

I was just looking at that photo of the 'serial number' and it dawned on me - it looks like a sticker. I believe it's a 5-S label... lol

10. Rusty Olinger

Rusty Olinger New Member

Jim from Elmwood is alive! Just has a lot going on I suppose and said that the current market for this type furniture is not good... I suppose my company is doing what many others are, and changing styles... we went all modern and 'open environment'.

SBSVC likes this.
  11. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Rusty, I am very pleased to hear that! Thanks for letting us know.

Draft saved Draft deleted