Kittinger

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Joshua Brown, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Joshua Brown

Joshua Brown Decently-Known-Member

I bought this Kittinger table-top at a thrift shop for $10, I have been told that it was not a good buy. What do you furniture people think? If it has some value I hoping to sell it on Ebay. :)

IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0003.JPG

Aquitaine likes this.
  2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I had to laugh. I took the same table including the base out of the trash. It was pretty beaten up but since it was quality at one time it cleaned up nicely. I remember when I could have gotten 125 for the table. Today I doubt if I could have
    even gotten 10 for it. 001.JPG

3. Joshua Brown

Thats funny! :hilarious::smuggrin:
    Here's one that sold for $823:
    http://www.skinnerinc.com/auctions/2327/lots/571

4. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Here's one that sold for $823...
    But that was a long time ago, wasn't it?

I have been told that it was not a good buy.

Joshua, why did the person who said that think that @ $10 it was not a good buy? Was it because it doesn't have its base, or was there another reason? Or was it the usual "no one buys brown furniture anymore" ?

I have been a fan of Kittinger furniture for a very long time and have several pieces. I would have grabbed that "tray top" in a flash. It could be re-purposed on many different kinds of bases.

Greg you certainly lucked out getting yours for free!

This is from a long-time seller of Kittinger used furniture, almost exclusively:
    http://americanainteriors.com/catalog/TableT363.html
    I wonder how his business has been of late, and what he'd have to say (?)

Christmasjoy and Joshua Brown like this.
  5. Joshua Brown

Thank for replying and to answer your questions, the person who told me it was not a good buy (who has no experience in buying or selling furniture) said "no one buys brown furniture anymore" and it's going to be a pain to ship it. :sorry:

6. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Value is all about the market. There is a market for Kittinger furniture in some locales. Here in our shop, we currently have that exact table for sale for $75.00 with no takers for over 2 months. I am sure it would have sold for that kind of money quickly in some other location. I think you did fine for $10.00 and should be able to make some profit. Ebay may be a better place to sell this but don't expect top dollar.

7. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

$10.00? how can one go wrong?

8. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    !0 bucks? Ikea cost even more.:eek:
    greg

9. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Around here, $40 would be about the best, and that's with the base and in good shape.

10. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I have one complete for which I paid $5 at a yard sale. It's been in use as a sofa side table for the past ten years. It's not a bad deal if you have a base you can use.

Joshua Brown likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted