Kwik Way Electric Griddle cloth cord

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by rknarr2, May 4, 2020.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I have like a 1930s - 1940s Kwik Way Electric Sandwich Griddle but I
    am looking for a cloth cord for it at a cheap to reasonable price.
    The information stamped on the bottom on separate lines, which I represent with commas, is as follows:
    115V. Cat. No. K-620 600W
    Pat. No. 2.014.001 96.481
    2.040.369 2.096.663 Note: last 6 maybe an 8
    Patents Pending
    Reg. U.S. Pat. Off.
    Kwikway
    MF'D BY
    KWIKWAY CO.
    St. Louis U.S.A.
    The first few pics are to show you what the sandwich griddle looks like, the fourth and fifth pics show the electric prongs and measurement between the prongs and the last pic shows the inscribed info on the bottom of the griddle.
    If there is more information about this griddle that someone could share
    with me, that would be great because I could not find anything about it.
    Thank you. Rob
    IMG_0105small.JPG IMG_0107small.JPG IMG_0108small.JPG IMG_0112small.JPG IMG_0572small.JPG IMG_0115small.JPG

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    i need help likes this.
  2. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Are there any specifications stamped on the bottom? I.e. 10A 125V

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  3. rknarr2

I was in the middle of adding a pic of the specs stamped on the bottom. Please see last pic. It may not be readable, I may have to go get the item and type the information that is on the bottom out. Rob

4. rknarr2

I think it says 115 V when I clicked on the pic above. Rob

5. sabre123

Thanks for the pic. 115V 600Watts

You need to get an accurate measurement on those pins from center to center. In the pic, the left end of the tape measure is not in the middle of the pin, but it appears to be about 11/16" and that is a fairly common size.

You can search for an appliance cord and use the spacing once you get an accurate measurement. Make sure it's rated for at least 115V, and most are.

If you want an original item, it will be a cloth cord, and fairly thick in terms of the diameter. Here's a Kwik Way toaster and the cord for this will be similar:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1930-Vintage-Toaster-Kwik-Way-1950s-/262434941942

Otherwise, you can get a modern one...

[​IMG]

6. sabre123

7. rknarr2

I have added the specification stamped on the bottom to my initial posted thread. Rob

8. rknarr2

Thank you for the information. I will redo my measurement pic and I might just get a modern cord for it. Thank you.

9. rknarr2

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Eyes wide opened with excitement to the info. Rob

10. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

same problem as recently on a samovar.
    normally the DIN 49491 plug should do the trick.

11. tlema

tlema New Member

12. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

13. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

HAHA!!! If the old stuff still works, we hate to let it go, HUH???!!!!!:smug::smug::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin:

14. sabre123

15. rknarr2

How would the male ends inside the AUOne MDP-2 fit inside the male prongs on the griddle? Thank you for your effort and information. rknarr2

16. rknarr2

It did not come up for me either. However, if you copy and paste it as an address, it came up for me. rknarr2

17. Firemandk

Firemandk Well-Known Member

@rkna Isn't that weird that if you highlight it, then right click on it and click "go to" (in Chrome) it will take you there , but click directly on it and you go to just an ebay generic page ..... oh, the mysteries of the internet......

"It did not come up for me either. However, if you copy and paste it as an address, it came up for me. rknarr2"

rknarr2 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted