L&M with arrows mark on porcelain figurine help please

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by tyeldom3, Feb 10, 2016.

1. tyeldom3

tyeldom3 Well-Known Member

Just viewed ownedbybears thread on some pretty pieces and she mentioned a LM mark, which reminded me that I have had this sitting around, with a different LM mark, and I've been unable to figure it out. I see some L&M Inc., and LM Japan on ebay, but none of the marks are the same as this piece. Any ideas on who dunnit? It about 7.5" high. Thanks for your time.:chicken::cat:
    por1.jpg por2.jpg por3.jpg

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

It looks like a Japan figurine to me.

tyeldom3 likes this.
  3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hi tyeldom3 - did you check Lipper and Mann? They were an importing firm that commissioned a lot of items out of Japan.
    Don

tyeldom3 likes this.
  4. tyeldom3

LOL, I guess that's 2 votes for Japan! Thanks so much moreotherstuff & dgbjwc.:) Much appreciated. I just looked at a lot of Lipper & Mann items, and still don't see anything marked like this, though. Is it possible to be by someone else? Although probably doesn't matter anyway:D

5. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Try searching "Lipper and Mann Lady Figurine" on google and you'll turn up a bunch of similar figurines. But you're right, it won't make a lot of difference :cat:

tyeldom3 likes this.
  6. tyeldom3

trip98 likes this.
  7. tyeldom3

Thanks dgbjwc :)

8. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Nice! But I am at a complete loss to explain it! :jawdrop: I need to start taking Lipper and Mann figurines more seriously!
    Don

tyeldom3 likes this.
  9. tyeldom3

LOL!:D:cat:

10. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

Someone should archive that photo with the label.

tyeldom3 likes this.
  11. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

tyeldom3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted