LADIES MASONIC HAT? WHAT DO I HAVE?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, Apr 15, 2018.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me what this hat was for, if anything? I saw the 32 on the top & thought masonic - but I've never seen one like this before!
    How old is it?
    Thanks AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY SHRINERS HAT BLACK SMALL 32 DEGREE 1AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY SHRINERS HAT BLACK SMALL 32 DEGREE 2AA.jpg

Joshua Brown and Christmasjoy like this.
  2. journeymagazine

I put - spes me in deo est - in google translate & it didn't give a translation!

3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

It appears it might be Scottish.

The Scottish Rite. Double Headed Eagle. ... Our Double-Headed Eagle features the white-ribboned motto, pendant from the hilt of the sword to the point, and displaying the Latin “SPES MEA IN DEO EST”, which translates “My Hope Is In God”.

http://www.valleyofreading.org/eagle_symbol.htm

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Why do you think "ladies" - can we see it with something measuring it? What's with the cords?

BTW - women had their own organizations and were not included in Masonic lodges.

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

6. journeymagazine

the cord goes under chin - I think - which is why I thought it was a ladies hat; sorry! :)

7. Bakersgma

Under the chin??? Can we see it on someone? Which way is front?

8. journeymagazine

THE SUPREME COUNCIL (MOTHER COUNCIL OF THE WORLD) OF THE INSPECTORS GENERAL KNIGHTS COMMANDERS OF THE HOUSE OF THE TEMPLE OF SOLOMON OF THE THIRTY-THIRD DEGREE OF THE ANCIENT AND ACCEPTED SCOTTISH RITE OF FREEMASONRY OF THE SOUTHERN JURISDICTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Wow, WHAT A TITLE!

Joshua Brown, cxgirl and Christmasjoy like this.
  9. say_it_slowly

This one shows it across the top but then, I have no idea myself maybe it swings down.

[​IMG]

10. journeymagazine

All of my answers are purely speculation on my part!

11. say_it_slowly

12. komokwa

13. komokwa

looks like the strap goes OVER the head !!

14. Bakersgma

And those are not women. ;)

15. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

Thank You Journeymagazine for posting your question ... it brought up a lot of information that I for one knew nothing about, my Grandfather was a Freemason but it wasn't discussed with us children, TY .. Joy.

Joshua Brown likes this.
  16. journeymagazine

YW Joy.
    btw - Joy was my daughter's name - I own Joy's House (joyshouse.info); a sober house for girls I opened in her memory.

17. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

What a WONDERFUL memorial for your daughter Journey :). Joy was my Mothers name and is actually my middle name, but I was called Joy for as long as I can remember. My daughter passed away from a blood clot at the age of 33 yrs, I raised her daughter, my beloved grandaughter also named Joy, as was my daughter named the same. I was an alcoholism counseller for many years .. You are providing a wonderful service and help to those in great need .. Respectfully, Joy.

18. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Your hearts are huge....................

Draft saved Draft deleted