Langenthal Suisse Creamer help please

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by wildrose, Aug 16, 2018.

1. wildrose

wildrose Well-Known Member

I have looked all over for this creamer pitcher, I have found the shape but not the decor, I am wondering if perhaps image on the front (are those poppies) is a logo for something?? Thoughts? thanks for checking it out! suisse.jpg suisse1.jpg suisse3.jpg

Aquitaine likes this.
  2. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

this is not a creamer pitcher but a boccalino for wine. typical form from the southern Swiss region of Ticino.

3. wildrose

wildrose Well-Known Member

alrighty then! thank you! onto to search some more!!

LIbraryLady and Aquitaine like this.
  4. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

no need for further search. Langenthal keeps no records, not even from the old porcelain stuff. and from the sticker it seems to be a newer tourist item.
    the flowers could be a hint though to one of the beautiful botanic gardens they have.
    when I have a few minutes left I'll be poking around a bit.

judy and wildrose like this.
  5. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

wildrose likes this.
  6. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

they made everything. it was for a long time the Swiss standard and in every household. I inherited a good "bourgeois" service of over 60 pieces with gold rim and some small flowers from my granma and phoned them directly to find out more about it. they were astonished - not to say flabbergasted - that someone might be interested about a service from the 1930s. no production lists, no model numbers, no nothing.

judy, wildrose and i need help like this.
  7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

19E64D37-8A10-4106-B819-760204379E6C.jpeg
    Yes looks like an arboretum. How do you know so much?

judy and wildrose like this.
  8. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

"How do you know so much?" I have a big head. or was it a pig head ? :hilarious:

SBSVC, i need help and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted